Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

stevenflynn

I find the video highly interesting. I do wonder do... When I need a strip of that size, I need to cut it off a complete tile. I been to a few shows and see this method, but then on the job, its simply much more awkward when its of a complete tile. I end up using a grinder. I guess both machines are high quality and although not married to either, for now my commitment is to Rubi.

S

stephenoneill

Iv used sigma when istarted out many years ago and was very happy with it .loved the breaker on the sigma still the best around imo.however 7years ago i moved to france and rubi rule here so i changed and have to say they are excellent as well /not as well built as sigma but do the job and i like the clear line of vision for cutting.but who knows when my rubi packs in i will definitly try a sigma again .possibly by renting one out for a week and see how it goes

A

Aston

this is were i am going to be tested now!!
next week ive got to buy a couple of cutters..my heart says get another ts40plus and a tx700 because i like using them but at £180 for a ts40plus and £340 it comes to £520!!

or do i go out and get another sigma 3c for £269 (possibly lower) and a 2g for £100 total cost £369 (maybe even 350)

now ive used both and i know that the sigmas are better constructed, weigh less, cheaper to buy and run BUT i prefer the rubis to use...

either way, they both do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rookery

In my opinion, you should buy whichever you're happiest using. As you are going to be using it day in day out, thats more important than the original purchase price.

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'll chip in i used rubi for years had ts40 ,ts60,tr70 i still have a ts40 and a ts 60,they are good cutters (not made the way they used to be though).
I have 3 sigmas and find they are alround better cutters ,so for me sigma wins this debate.

I

ifindoubtgrout

evning all i think if sigma were not so elusive a lot more people would use them,

G

Gazzer

neale, they are only £104 in tool venture mate,
i normally go through diatech, they tend to go the extra mile to do a deal.

Dont ask me why but i seem to have a bee in my bonnet about charges made for P&P these days so if I knew any store local that I could get a 2G from then I would gladly pay.

Reply to Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks