Discuss Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dougs Third Go

i cant believe we are having this debate! None of them are the best! They are tools which aid a tiler to tile, the best one is the one that the tiler prefers! Its not about the tool its about the tiler, yes, sigma has better breaking and quicker than rubi but you get better vision with the rubi. The sigma is arguably constructed more efficiently imo.

Dan, maybe you could get the data on winners of jotm and compaire them with tile cutters used, that would be interesting!
Charlie, wind your neck in pal, without discussion there's no information to give people an informed choice

S

Sigma UK

The pole will only show what people have been using for many years here. Seeing as we have only been in the UK for a year and others have been here since the 80's It's going to be one sided. It's best to do a poll in a few years time and then see?.

C

charlie1

Charlie, wind your neck in pal, without discussion there's no information to give people an informed choice

My neck is fine doug :) there are anough thread on this forum containing the words sigma v rubi to go round the earth 3 times! so if people cant make judgment on opinions already made then i cant see what else is going to help them

beanz

TF
Reaction score
My neck is fine doug :) there are anough thread on this forum containing the words sigma v rubi to go round the earth 3 times! so if people cant make judgment on opinions already made then i cant see what else is going to help them

The only thing that'll help me really decide, is trying a sigma.. I've tried a few Rubi's and know they are better than what i have now, but i don't like Rubi as a company, as they are a little too comfortable at the top of the tree.

P

Peter

These drink fuelled Saturday night Sigma v Rubi debates are making emotions run high :lol:

C

charlie1

The only thing that'll help me really decide, is trying a sigma.. I've tried a few Rubi's and know they are better than what i have now, but i don't like Rubi as a company, as they are a little too comfortable at the top of the tree.

what cutter do you use just now beanz?

C

charlie1

I had the very same cutter, its a pro cutter that will do a good job, only reason i upgraded is simply because had dipossable income and i fancied a sigma. The sigma will last a lot longer than the genesis im guessing but the genesis is a great cutter! Hey, i actually had a tile that my sigma couldnt cut ( a black porc from porcelanosa) i had to get my genesis to cut it lol!

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I had the very same cutter, its a pro cutter that will do a good job, only reason i upgraded is simply because had dipossable income and i fancied a sigma. The sigma will last a lot longer than the genesis im guessing but the genesis is a great cutter! Hey, i actually had a tile that my sigma couldnt cut ( a black porc from porcemanosa) i had to get my genesis to cut it lol!

That's a worry, as i find the genesis really hit or miss with porcelain. No chance of taking off thin slivers with it.

C

charlie1

i never had a problem with my genesis and porc, could cut 20 mm off a 600 x 600 polished porc no problem, i had to snap the breaker though rather than just apply preasure, or apply preasure then tap the breaker with small hammer but it was very consistant. Dont get me wrong though, the sigma does cut better without a doubt but why would you ever need to cut such a small piece off a tile?? its a bit OTT IMO

P

Peter

Sigma is the Audi of cutting machines. Practical, well built, reliable, stylish, hold their value.

Rubi are the Alfa Romeo. Fans are deluded that they are incredible, but in reality they're unreliable, full of shortcomings and no one will ever buy one off you second hand for any more than thirty quid.

:lol: :lol:

D

Dougs Third Go

yep, and Iv'e read them all, have you?, and if so have you found a definitive answer?

C

charlie1

funny story, I met another tiler down at the local screwfix recently, he was quite well dressed. Well we got talking about this and that, my cutters bigger than your cutter bs we have all endulged in... anyway after he is telling me about his very impressive sigma collection i asked what he was doing and even went to pass him on some work. he replied that he couldnt as he now only drives a taxi because he has no work! So his recent purchases turned out to be a very bad business decision. He is now tooled up to the max with hardware we would all be proud of and zero work.

Your cutter is only a tiny part of your business but they can cost a lot of money. Spend your money wisley!

Reply to Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks