Discuss Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Peter

The Sigmas can still be bought a lot cheaper than Rubi. My 4 have cost me a total of £640.

D

Dougs Third Go

you know, i think I'll stick with Rubi if only for the fact that it means at least I can ask a valid question and have the ignorant answers,,,dummy well spat out:asshole:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
ive only used sigma cutters, the 2 ive got ive had for years, it seems with rubi you need a different cutter to cut certain tiles..? a sigma will cut most anything you chuck at it, plus they last which means value for money... i can honestly say in 30 years of tiling ive spent no more than £300 on sigma cutters...

dont no how they make money, producing cutters that last so long...:lol:

I

Ian

What happened to the Sigma that Bri got as the last I heard he couldn't get on with it?

I had it for about 2 months and hated it, tried a variety of tiles on it and didn't think much of it to be honest, when it cut it was a bit hit and miss, occasionally it would shatter the tile under the breaker foot. Don't get me wrong, it was a good cutter but, perfect cut after perfect cut? No chance! It has been swapped for a tx900. Maybe a 90cm cutter wasn't the best way to introduce myself to Sigma and maybe, I'll try a smaller model one day. Oh and just to add, my tx700 has only been defeated by one tile in the time I've had it, the sigma couldn't cut it either.

I

Ian

bad workman allways blames his tools.....:lol:

JOKE....

It really started to annoy me Andy, I really wanted to like the sigma! I'll perhaps try a 60cm cutter one day but, if I'm honest, they can't do anything better than a rubi, the sliver cutting is always a stupid test and not ever a situation that occurs in real life, the rubi's can take 20mm of the side of a tile (1200 long) and I'm fine with that.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had it for about 2 months and hated it, tried a variety of tiles on it and didn't think much of it to be honest, when it cut it was a bit hit and miss, occasionally it would shatter the tile under the breaker foot. Don't get me wrong, it was a good cutter but, perfect cut after perfect cut? No chance! It has been swapped for a tx900. Maybe a 90cm cutter wasn't the best way to introduce myself to Sigma and maybe, I'll try a smaller model one day. Oh and just to add, my tx700 has only been defeated by one tile in the time I've had it, the sigma couldn't cut it either.

good job you weren't on here last night saying that Bri, think there would have been a lynch mob on the way over to Grantham!! I'd like to try one but but would want to be in the company of someone who regularly uses one as from the comments I've read over dozens of debates make me believe they are a bit quirky. I think a few tips using different tiles would be handy. On the other hand I might just stick with Rubi as they're better (joke)!!

R

Rookery

good job you weren't on here last night saying that Bri, think there would have been a lynch mob on the way over to Grantham!! I'd like to try one but but would want to be in the company of someone who regularly uses one as from the comments I've read over dozens of debates make me believe they are a bit quirky. I think a few tips using different tiles would be handy. On the other hand I might just stick with Rubi as they're better (joke)!!
I had one and try as I might, I just couldnt get on with it so it went on Ebay. This constant Sigma vs Rubi stuff is gettin on me t1tz.

Reply to Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks