Discuss Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Sigma UK

Dont ask me why but i seem to have a bee in my bonnet about charges made for P&P these days so if I knew any store local that I could get a 2G from then I would gladly pay.

I think most of our customers send them out post free. I had to post a cutter out Urgent for Saturday morning and got charged a lovely £37.00!!!!:yikes:

S

Sigma UK

Sadly not around here that I know of :thumbsdown:

You gotta try harder Derek :lol:

I will get there soon don't worry. I have had talks with a some "larger retailers" and what they do is send an email to their store managers all around the UK aksing if anyone has walked in asking for a cutter. If they don't get a good enough response back then it's doors closed?. I can't work this out myself as many store managers have never heard of Sigma so of course they will say who?. Then there are other "large retailers" who want everything for 99p and free delivery. Hey ho what can you do.

G

Gazzer

I think most of our customers send them out post free. I had to post a cutter out Urgent for Saturday morning and got charged a lovely £37.00!!!!:yikes:

So if i went to one of your customers and they were asking lets say £105 inc p&p but I collected surely I would get it cheaper than that due to the fact I collected it ? Thats all i want, a shop in my area selling Sigma cutters......in fact any shop that I pass while on my travels will do

D

DHTiling

I will get there soon don't worry. I have had talks with a some "larger retailers" and what they do is send an email to their store managers all around the UK aksing if anyone has walked in asking for a cutter. If they don't get a good enough response back then it's doors closed?. I can't work this out myself as many store managers have never heard of Sigma so of course they will say who?. Then there are other "large retailers" who want everything for 99p and free delivery. Hey ho what can you do.

This is where Trade days come in handy ... no cost to the store but exposure for Sigma to that stores tilers. :)

S

Sigma UK

This is where Trade days come in handy ... no cost to the store but exposure for Sigma to that stores tilers. :)

True Dave. I just did six trade days all in a row for one comapany and they had a good turn out of trade and nothing but positive responses from all. they sold a few machines too. I think it was the bacon rolls I was cooking more than anything but always have a good crack at the trade days.

A

Aston

So if i went to one of your customers and they were asking lets say £105 inc p&p but I collected surely I would get it cheaper than that due to the fact I collected it ? Thats all i want, a shop in my area selling Sigma cutters......in fact any shop that I pass while on my travels will do

why don't you just ring diatech and ask mark stanley if he will do the deal that you are looking for? worth a try isnt it??

G

Gazzer

why don't you just ring diatech and ask mark stanley if he will do the deal that you are looking for? worth a try isnt it??

To be honest, i have bought from them before on a few occassions but never felt they were that interested. Rather than a tin of shortbread just give me a discount.

Reply to Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks