Discuss Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Sigma UK

To be honest, i have bought from them before on a few occassions but never felt they were that interested. Rather than a tin of shortbread just give me a discount.

Shortbread?. I think some stores are going to be offering free T's, caps etc.. with every order soon. I know some retailers have been asking me for boxes of them. We only have small left now and they are good for nothing. Can't even get one over my head. They should do a create of lager instead.

G

Gazzer

Shortbread?. I think some stores are going to be offering free T's, caps etc.. with every order soon. I know some retailers have been asking me for boxes of them. We only have small left now and they are good for nothing. Can't even get one over my head. They should do a create of lager instead.

A crate of lager may work for me.....where do i send the cheque ! :thumbsup:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Derek, it was ages ago.. Not been on your site in a while mate. ;)
On a different note... I know your cutters don't come with boxes, but can you buy them separately?

S

Sigma UK

Derek, it was ages ago.. Not been on your site in a while mate. ;)
On a different note... I know your cutters don't come with boxes, but can you buy them separately?

You can but the boxes will only take a cutter up to 75cm. And they are made wider so you can also put in trowels, floats, knee pads etc.. They are good but we don't sell a great deal of them. I think most people who use Sigma know it takes a fair bit to destroy them.

C

charlie1

You can but the boxes will only take a cutter up to 75cm. And they are made wider so you can also put in trowels, floats, knee pads etc.. They are good but we don't sell a great deal of them. I think most people who use Sigma know it takes a fair bit to destroy them.

Thats one of the reasons i went for sigma, its very robust, when you just look at the sigma one of the things you notice is every single component on it looks and feels unbreakable.

Btw, im becoming more impressed with the breaking power of the 3D, was cutting 4mm off a 400 x 200 ceramic today.

S

Sigma UK

Thats one of the reasons i went for sigma, its very robust, when you just look at the sigma one of the things you notice is every single component on it looks and feels unbreakable.

Btw, im becoming more impressed with the breaking power of the 3D, was cutting 4mm off a 400 x 200 ceramic today.

They are pretty strong yes. I was at HTW down south changing a handle on a 15yr old cutter still going strong but the handle was warn inside. You couldn't see any numbers on the guide bar and it was covered in addy but swapped the handle gave it a little clean and away it went again.

G

Gazzer

They are pretty strong yes. I was at HTW down south changing a handle on a 15yr old cutter still going strong but the handle was warn inside. You couldn't see any numbers on the guide bar and it was covered in addy but swapped the handle gave it a little clean and away it went again.

I have the same with a very old Sigma but I guess it really is time to swap it for the 2G , plus 2g has an adjustable measuring guide where as the old one doesnt. Still cuts fine though.

C

charlie1

I have the same with a very old Sigma but I guess it really is time to swap it for the 2G , plus 2g has an adjustable measuring guide where as the old one doesnt. Still cuts fine though.

it will always cut fine because there is nothing that can go wrong with it imo

A

Aston

tell you one thing these sigma rubi threads have revealed, hardly anyone seems to be using montolit anymore.

C

charlie1

tell you one thing these sigma rubi threads have revealed, hardly anyone seems to be using montolit anymore.

Ive never used one, wonder how it compaires to the sigma as it looks the same, it does look a we bit fussy to me though, id loose parts if i had one

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i would consider getting a sigma if i knew where i could try one out any stockists/trade days in scotland anyone know of for sigma?

bought another new rubi at xmas and although far better than last one still not 100 percent impressed i could be persuaded to go elsewhere

G

Gazzer

i would consider getting a sigma if i knew where i could try one out any stockists/trade days in scotland anyone know of for sigma?

bought another new rubi at xmas and although far better than last one still not 100 percent impressed i could be persuaded to go elsewhere

Diatech. Perth.

beanz

TF
Reaction score

Yeah i gather they are pretty robust. Not really my concern though.. The box is more for keeping things tidy, and being able to stack etc. I've been offered a 900mm Sigma (no idea what model) for £50, as it's been sat in some guys shed since he bought it to tile his bathroom years ago. I figure for that money, it doesn't reeally matter what model it is! :D Gonna be too big for a box though, so might have to get a Rubi lol!

S

Sigma UK

Yeah i gather they are pretty robust. Not really my concern though.. The box is more for keeping things tidy, and being able to stack etc. I've been offered a 900mm Sigma (no idea what model) for £50, as it's been sat in some guys shed since he bought it to tile his bathroom years ago. I figure for that money, it doesn't reeally matter what model it is! :D Gonna be too big for a box though, so might have to get a Rubi lol!

For £50 I will take it his hands!. It will probably be the 3D model. Not sure if our cutters will fit in a Rubi box though?:lol:

Reply to Let's debate , Rubi or Sigma. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks