Search the forum,

Discuss What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I have a rubi ts40,60, tx-700n, nd200, nd125 good for small area's but a bit noisy, I sit the 125 in a tray to collect excess water for internal work. Keep wondering about the smaller plasplugs wet cutters, How good are they ?

B

bigdaz

oops I voted plasplugs before I realised it was a vote for rail cutters. TS 60 for me and a plasplugs wet cutter, can't remember which one off hand but only around £40 and does the job - its really all about the quality of the wheel anyway

S

sytiling

hi i bought a husquavarna 670, its on the big side but its been a good cutter, on my tenth job now, so far so good.
sy:thumbsup:

D

Droopy

I have clicked both Rubi and Sigma.
But to be honest the Rubi is never out of the van. It is crap in comparison with the Sigma.

H

hillhead

SIGMA 3B,63cm,SIGMA 3D 93cm and a big mother of a SIGMA 10M water saw,
all the dogs !!!
SIGGGGGMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !! lol.
But am going to but a small montolit soon then i'll have a superb collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Droopy

Just treated myself to a sigma 3B will let you know how i get on.
If you have any problems getting used to the pull action scoring, or want a bit more power from scribing and breaking, buy the Klick Klock handle.
It is superb.

P

pjtiler

this is the best seller in the states its better that the rubi (only just mind )
i beleave felker are selling them in the UK now check it out before you invest
prod_tilemasterxl.jpg

http://www.felkersaws.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use a genesis dry cutter that I bought from Darren at Nett. He recomended it and I have used it ever since. I find it great and accurate.

I

Imano

I got the genesis as well. Also bought it from darren at nett. It came recommended from another tiler besides darren, so went for the 600. Only used it a couple of times but this was on 9mm, 600x300 porcelain both jobs and found no problem. Wet cutter is plasplugs mastertiler, - excellent value for money imo.

D

DB-Tiling

hi i bought a husquavarna 670, its on the big side but its been a good cutter, on my tenth job now, so far so good.
sy:thumbsup:
i got a 670, really heavy, but does a great job. also got a ts 66 r wet cutter. thats nice too. a rubi star 50 there great for small tiles,and a bog standard little wet cutter. need a new one though.

H

hillhead

Sorry swe,only replying to youe q now,
yeah my sigma 10M is a heavy bugger!!!
takes two to lift it about,i think its about 65kgs,
great machine to use and the cuts are sweet,3hp motor,will cut 4" deep!!!!
i have never heard it slow yet,bought it a year ago,cost over a grand.
paid for itself very quickly,ie 3 marble jobs !!

Hillhead, how's the watersaw to lug around? I mean, isn't it pretty damn heavy?

Reply to What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen