Discuss What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

gotta be rubi.
Ive got Ts30, Ts40, TS40 Plus, TS50Plus, TS60 Plus, Tx700-n, TX1200-n, TM50, TR-600-s.
Then DW-250LPS Wet cutter. (Simply awesome)
And a plasplugs mastertiler. (well worth the money)
And a little plasplus compact plus for them tiny bathroom jobs.

I wouldn't change any of them for the world. Would dread to think what ive spent on them!!! Hardly get to use them now though, Too much time in the office. Not used the sigma ones, but ive heard good reports on them. Ive allways stuck with rubi cos i get good discounts on them.

I think you've missed a couple in the rubi range there... lol lol lol lol...........

G

grumpygrouter

Hi Dan, do you want to move my Montolit vote from "other" - I was the 2nd person to vote. Cheers.

Grumpy

J

Jeffrey4670

H.i, I have a Rubi TS40 Plus, for all my ceramic wall tiles, this is a handy size to have where I am working. I have a Rubi TX 700-N which is a superb cutter for floors, but a little on the big size. I now have a Rubi ND-200 wet cutter, for using outside. In the past I have hired the Rubi TS50. At some point I would like something in between the TS40 Plus & TX700-N for cutting floor tiles, with a moving breaking system like the TX, but still big enough to do diamond pattern. So for me it's all Ruby. Jeff the Plumber from West Yorkshire.

D

DHTiling

Used to have a one, ok for little jobs like splash backs in kitchens etc.. nice and light weight and very portable..... here's a link if anybody wants to have a look at one...

Rubi Pocket 40 Industrial Tile Cutter by Rubi from eDirectory.co.uk online shop

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tiler tom

In my opinion the pockets are absolute rubbish. Poor cutting action and tubes are very flimsy. Bought one on ebay tried it once and been in the shed since. Suggest a mini montolit small and sturdy never a problem. 1000% better build quality and cheaper than the pocket. Try kwiksplit.

M

m4ubs

i cant afford a rubi and i dont do that many jobs...so i've bought a plasplugs contractor plus wet cutter and gonna buy the big clinker....

H

hex80

has to be the sigma one scribe and thats u, plus sometimes the bars on the rubi bend with the thicker porcelain tiles. :martini_shaken: av no had a drink lol

Reply to What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks