Discuss What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

sWe

Thanks for the reply. I was eyeing one some time ago, but the thought of lugging it around kind of put me off.

W

waterfd

Only been tiling for a short time and used Rubi TS40 and Plasplug mastertiler. Just recently bought a TS50plus and now realise it should have been aTS60plus so for the odd job i'm going to buy the Big Clinker from Topps. See how this works out.

B

brian c

does anyone have a rubi pocket? was wondering what they are like for splash backs
I have one,well it fell and snapped the plastic bed but it was not a bad little cutter.:grin:

Genesis 600,Husqvarna TC470 and HUSQVARNA 670

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MICK the Tiler

I use Sigma Down here can't remember how many I got maybe 10 or so I usually keep a 35 and a 75 in the truck they cater for most jobs.

They both have there pros and cons

rubi pros

Novice tilers would be better sticking to a rubi as they require less skill in snapping pressure wich is a big plus for rubi. They also have good visability to line up cutting marks due to the dual bars. Also there slim design make them compact and lighter to carry and work well in tight bathrooms.

cons

Prone to flex on thicker tiling material, also more moving parts, they need regular maintenence. The double action can be a bit annoying at times

sigma pros

Built like a mack truck, little maintenance required, less moving parts, will last a lifetime, The perfect single action, good handle and wheel design, will not flex, quality sprung tables. quality compass

cons

Can be hard to use if your a novice, heavy and wide, you have to tilt the head to line up cutting marks due to single bar.

T

Taz8130

Bought a Husky 670 from PTS during my course. Topped it off with Plasplug Mastertiler. Done 5 jobs so far and absolutely spot on !!. Tried out the Montalit which, although great for clean breaks, the poor line of sight of the cutting wheel put me off and the Rubi seemed to flex too much.

B

bighen

Sorry to drag up an old thread .............:oops:

BUT has anyone tried the Tomecanic Supercoup.
I have the 2175 and got to admit its AWESOME.:hurray:
Prefer it to the Rubi TX for cutting porcelain.

No flex, built like a brick house.
Cuts everything thrown at it. Those that fail get hammered by the mini monty:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Angle Grinder - Sorry guys I know I'm a bloody amateur.....

B

bighen

Still use a mini grinder Ajax

Comes in handy when cutting around corners.
1 cut with the grinder an the last with the tomecanic

Use it on marble and travertine too, although the stihl TS400 makes short work of them:thumbsup:

B

bassman

Have too say Rubi .....but its all ive used ts 60+ ts 40 and ti66s have to say like the ti very much. isnt it a copy of a sigma? Trouble is when your spending a chunk of money on a cutter its brave to buy something your not familiar with and most people will maintain its the dogs because they dont want to admit, even to them selves, that they have made a bad choice.

Reply to What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks