Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What tile cutters do you use? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Generally the Rubi name is used when you talk about tile cutters but maybe you trust a different brand?

G

grumpygrouter

No where to put name of cutter Dan. I use a Montolit Masterpiumer 63 and a little £25 montolit. 63 is brill for repetative cuts and will cut porcelain marble and granite (with a bit of help with mallet).

T

tiler tom

have a mini monterlit and master piuma
----
like grumpy grouter I have a £25 mini montolit great for most bathrooms where space is a premium and a master piuma 63 for the larger floor tiles. Find the breking system on the 63 great no broken tiles. The 63 also suits me as it is set out for a left hander for some reason although the mini can be a problem sometimes. Some say that it is difficult to use because you cant see the blade but you get used to lining the cut up with the breaking spine. Also being able to set the mitre cuts time. Have used the rubi but i felt it was not as substantial as the montolit as it has flexible hollow tubes instead of the sturdy centre bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The_Master

sigma 620, had it for 12 years, had a ts40 rubi before that in fact still got it, but the sigma is the one

F

Fekin

Plasplugs Compact Plus Diamond Wheel wet cutter & Plasplugs Powerglide Flat Bed dryTile Cutter.

So far they have done me fine, on my 3rd job using them now, cheap n cheerful but so far haven't had any problems.

G

GazTech

Rubi,Rubi,Rubi,Rubi, plasplugs mastertiler and D-cut sliding table cutter from our place

T

trevortine

Rubi cutters have done me proud for literally thousands of jobs, not just two or three, i believe sigma are a good cutter but i think its down to personal preference:)

T

The_Master

Sigmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, sorry had a homer moment there, used it for thousands of jobs now same machine different wheels, cant see past it, 1 movement instead of 2(Rubi), Sigma sigma sigma, lol

G

grumpygrouter

Sigmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, sorry had a homer moment there, used it for thousands of jobs now same machine different wheels, cant see past it, 1 movement instead of 2(Rubi), Sigma sigma sigma, lol

Same as Montolit Masterpiuma - 1 movement instead of 2.

T

tiler tom

Ditto grumpy grouter thats two of us that have a monolit yet only 1 vote. Needs sorting as I am not going to be beaten by plasplugs.

D

Dave-T

gotta be rubi.
Ive got Ts30, Ts40, TS40 Plus, TS50Plus, TS60 Plus, Tx700-n, TX1200-n, TM50, TR-600-s.
Then DW-250LPS Wet cutter. (Simply awesome)
And a plasplugs mastertiler. (well worth the money)
And a little plasplus compact plus for them tiny bathroom jobs.

I wouldn't change any of them for the world. Would dread to think what ive spent on them!!! Hardly get to use them now though, Too much time in the office. Not used the sigma ones, but ive heard good reports on them. Ive allways stuck with rubi cos i get good discounts on them.

Reply to What tile cutters do you use? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock