Search the forum,

Discuss Is 2013 the year you switch to Sigma ... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Joe.. do you solely use the 10m now .? or have you a smaller cutter for the odd bathroom etc.?

I

ifindoubtgrout

you have to ask yourself why tile shops dont stock them, is it the shops fault or sigmas, im not calling sigma as iv never seen one but shurly if there as good as you say they are theyd be in there, all tilers want the best tools to make the job easier but if its not on show anywere its a big gamble to take, all the best everyone for2013.

D

DHTiling

you have to ask yourself why tile shops dont stock them, is it the shops fault or sigmas, im not calling sigma as iv never seen one but shurly if there as good as you say they are theyd be in there, all tilers want the best tools to make the job easier but if its not on show anywere its a big gamble to take, all the best everyone for2013.

Hence why Sigma now have a manager like Derek in the uk , they only normally sell from reputation but the more the uk cotton on to a superior brand then sales can only go up and be more available uk wide.(which they now are ) ..

S

Sigma UK

Well it's not Sigma? some stores don't want to take on new products partly because of money and investing in stock and also demand from end users. Plus we have not been in the UK long so it's new to some people. That said it's getting more popular and already some big well known stores have been in touch looking at the new year to do something.

I

ifindoubtgrout

i look forward to seeing them in the shops, so we can try before we buy, id love a 900 cutter but the rubi one is the best part of 400 pound, hope sigma can beat there prices.

H

hillhead

I have the 10M.
I have used the 10L on a job last year, very good it was too cutting slabs.
I currently have a Tyrolit which I use on smaller jobs which is no sigma but easily carried etc.

H

hillhead

You get what you pay for with cutters I find, my 10M was well over 1k 7 years ago but it paid for itself in its first job !! Big job though.
The quality is still in it too.

Reaction score
Later on next year I'm definately going to hunt out a few of the more powerful saws to try and I do like the sound of the 10m. The Vitrex 900 that I have now is just not powerful enough, 3 - 4 hours sitting at the end of the machine and pushing tiles through I'd like to be able to speed things up a bit!

Reply to Is 2013 the year you switch to Sigma ... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen