Discuss Is 2013 the year you switch to Sigma ... in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

ifindoubtgrout

i look forward to seeing them in the shops, so we can try before we buy, id love a 900 cutter but the rubi one is the best part of 400 pound, hope sigma can beat there prices.

H

hillhead

I have the 10M.
I have used the 10L on a job last year, very good it was too cutting slabs.
I currently have a Tyrolit which I use on smaller jobs which is no sigma but easily carried etc.

H

hillhead

You get what you pay for with cutters I find, my 10M was well over 1k 7 years ago but it paid for itself in its first job !! Big job though.
The quality is still in it too.

Reaction score
Later on next year I'm definately going to hunt out a few of the more powerful saws to try and I do like the sound of the 10m. The Vitrex 900 that I have now is just not powerful enough, 3 - 4 hours sitting at the end of the machine and pushing tiles through I'd like to be able to speed things up a bit!

P

Peter

The 10L overheads don't look like a bad option and can get them for about cheap money as clearance. As well built as the others too. Know two tilers who use them for stone work and both very impressed with them. Had a chance to buy a brand new one for £550 last year and passed it on, gutted.

D

DHTiling

Later on next year I'm definately going to hunt out a few of the more powerful saws to try and I do like the sound of the 10m. The Vitrex 900 that I have now is just not powerful enough, 3 - 4 hours sitting at the end of the machine and pushing tiles through I'd like to be able to speed things up a bit!

Perfect for the bespoke work you do... maybe even the 9m would suffice.. but sometimes better to get slightly over what you think you need just incase..

If i did not have the dewalt , then a 10m would be my choice i suppose.. the lads on here that have then cannot rate them enough and i too would need a saw suitable for big stone jobs.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Quite possibly! I'm looking to try some of the sigma's in the new year, as i need to upgrade all my kit now; it's limiting me, and costing me money.. ;)

S

Spud

I want a 3 d m and 3 c m to replace my superpro cutters I was going to buy a Raimondi zoe next year but will keep my stayer cer 400 now that Its cutting accurately

K

kaharrison9

Derek
Is there any stockists in the north that have a 10mp set up for me to briefly try out?
A lot of money to spend without trying out first.
Thanks.
Kevin

S

Sigma UK

Derek
Is there any stockists in the north that have a 10mp set up for me to briefly try out?
A lot of money to spend without trying out first.
Thanks.
Kevin

Sorry Kevin but I don't know any stores with a 10M9 demo cutter? You might find it hard to find any good machines in store that they will use for a demo. Maybe there is someone on the forum close to you that has one?. Or you could go on what other tilers say about the machine.

K

kaharrison9

Thanks for the reply Derek.
I do actually like overhead saws so for me to convert to a bench cutter is a big change.
There are some superb tools others have i have come across but for solely personal reasons i would not buy.
This is more why i'd like to try before deciding.
If anybody northern based has a 10m9 or a 9p they wouldn't mind setting up for us to see i would be most appreciated.
Cheers.
Kevin

afright

TF
Reaction score
I am being tempted to go for a Sigma cutter after reading some of the posts which sound good, have been using Rubi for a few years now I have got a couple of Superior cutters which I use they are a bit like the Sigma might start small and work my up.

B

BoldreChris

Today is the day I order my first Sigma! The Rubi TS is going for good money on Ebay so I think I can just do it. Hope all you guys who've recommended them are right! It's a lot of money considering only about one in four of my jobs involves any tiling at all !

Well, here goes !

G

Gazzer

Today is the day I order my first Sigma! The Rubi TS is going for good money on Ebay so I think I can just do it. Hope all you guys who've recommended them are right! It's a lot of money considering only about one in four of my jobs involves any tiling at all !

Well, here goes !
You will find it to be a big difference at 1st but once you have used it for a while yo wil wonder why you took so long to change !

Reply to Is 2013 the year you switch to Sigma ... in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks