Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mp3wizard

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

M

mp3wizard

Morning, unfortunately I was suffering from a heavy man flu so it's not progressed as much as I would of hoped, but this weekend I did manage to finish the bathroom floor, I opted to not go for a short cut, but for a full tile and cut into the bathroom, I also had to shave 10mm off the tile going to the wall, it was probably more work than the other method but I believe it flows better inbetween rooms. For me the priority is now tiling the bathroom walls so I can get a bathroom fitted, you can see I was just sizing up the tiles in the background, I don't intend to lay like that, I do have one question.. is it better to leave 1 slither cut on the right handside wall, or is it better to have 2 smaller sliter cuts each side to make it even? I think I know the answer already but just checking, also I am planning to mark a 5mm line around the perimeter of the wall to leave for expanision/sealant, I plan to work out roughly the middle of the wall underneath the window and start from there. Perhaps I should create a separate thread for this?

M

mp3wizard

at first I thought you meant to keep that tiny cut in the centre, but I realise now you mean to split the cuts over 3 to avoid small slithers, makes sense!

I've read conflicting things about what to do online, some say to have bath fitted first etc, but I am planning to tile around the bath and tile down to it once fitted. Also it's plasterboard, am I ok to prime it using the stuff I used on the floor? it mentions Plaster, but not plasterboard...

image.jpg

M

mp3wizard

that never even crossed my mind, is that the done thing? thing is the floor grout is white, the wall grout is grey, so I don't think it would look that visually pleasing

T

Tile Shop

White floor grout???? Bad idea. Very bad. no matter how much you clean it, it will not stay white. Unless you're planning on using epoxy?

Sorry if you've already said, missed alot of this thread and there are too many pages to trudge back through.... But are you having the same tile on the wall as the floor or are you going for something different? if so what size are they?

M

mp3wizard

if you look on the last page in the middle there is a pic of the wall tiles, there different colour and size, there 600mm by 300mm and in grey.

Well your most probably right about the white grout, seeming I've done everything the hard way so far, touching up a few times a year if required doesn't seem like a big deal.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks