Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

Hi Average,

Here's where I am at, I started from the third row on the right working my way to the bifolds, then moved along to the wall, on the left are the cuts, and the 4th row that's due to go on the right will be full sized tile.

View attachment 87715 View attachment 87716
do not use Pliers for rls?
upload_2017-1-30_17-58-13.jpeg

M

mp3wizard

no I've just been pushing in by hand, maybe you'd like to supply me some free of charge for demonstrating your system as this thread has almost 9,000 views!

M

mp3wizard

thanks, there's been plenty of obstacles and I'm sure there's much more to come so I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but I believe the amount of effort I've put in to ensure they line up and avoid lips by measuring with level, adjusting, even taking certain tiles up 3 times to adjust the bed of adhesive has resulted in a good finish so far.

yeh it's a thick coverage

I

Italy

no I've just been pushing in by hand, maybe you'd like to supply me some free of charge for demonstrating your system as this thread has almost 9,000 views!
large sizes, it would be useful to use the pliers, otherwise rls, become almost useless.

M

mp3wizard

I could do with some advice on tiling the bathroom, I understand that it's best to keep the grout line the same going into the bathroom, as you can see from the photos this will mean a cut and also a small slither next to it, this then will leave me with cuts on every row entering the bathroom which isn't ideal. I was thinking if it would be worthwhile, ignoring the grout line going into the bathroom, cut a tile just covering the entrance, then I can run full sized tiles as you enter the bathroom and majority of next cuts will be hidden underneath bath etc. What do you think? what would you do?

photo.JPG

I

Italy

I could do with some advice on tiling the bathroom, I understand that it's best to keep the grout line the same going into the bathroom, as you can see from the photos this will mean a cut and also a small slither next to it, this then will leave me with cuts on every row entering the bathroom which isn't ideal. I was thinking if it would be worthwhile, ignoring the grout line going into the bathroom, cut a tile just covering the entrance, then I can run full sized tiles as you enter the bathroom and majority of next cuts will be hidden underneath bath etc. What do you think? what would you do?

View attachment 87727
cutting the tiles on the door, keep the line and departure with a whole tile.?

M

mp3wizard

Well there couldn't be a tile placed in doorway as it wouldn't fit and it's a very small bathroom, not even enough for 2 full tiles in width so in this instance I don't believe putting a few tiles in there would benefit unless you were to cut them all out.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks