Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

at first I thought you meant to keep that tiny cut in the centre, but I realise now you mean to split the cuts over 3 to avoid small slithers, makes sense!

I've read conflicting things about what to do online, some say to have bath fitted first etc, but I am planning to tile around the bath and tile down to it once fitted. Also it's plasterboard, am I ok to prime it using the stuff I used on the floor? it mentions Plaster, but not plasterboard...

image.jpg

M

mp3wizard

that never even crossed my mind, is that the done thing? thing is the floor grout is white, the wall grout is grey, so I don't think it would look that visually pleasing

T

Tile Shop

White floor grout???? Bad idea. Very bad. no matter how much you clean it, it will not stay white. Unless you're planning on using epoxy?

Sorry if you've already said, missed alot of this thread and there are too many pages to trudge back through.... But are you having the same tile on the wall as the floor or are you going for something different? if so what size are they?

M

mp3wizard

if you look on the last page in the middle there is a pic of the wall tiles, there different colour and size, there 600mm by 300mm and in grey.

Well your most probably right about the white grout, seeming I've done everything the hard way so far, touching up a few times a year if required doesn't seem like a big deal.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen