Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss New Ensuite in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

This is going off topic somewhat. If anybody wants to start a "mines bigger than yours" thread elsewhere then feel free.

I have been known in the past to complete just 2m2 in a day if anyone is interested.............at least now I know my rightful place!! :D:p
what im saying is the clients want to get the job done as quick as possible they want you in and out befor its started in some cases. so if your taking an age they are getting flustrated they want there house back and you gone. and if your dragging the job they start to get pickie as with the guy who posted this thread.my jobs are always done on a fixed price .

W

White Room

DIY...that's me buggered then

BQCorporate_Careers_Life_Retail_8A.4.0

J

Just Rizzle

This is going off topic somewhat. If anybody wants to start a "mines bigger than yours" thread elsewhere then feel free.

I have been known in the past to complete just 2m2 in a day if anyone is interested.............at least now I know my rightful place!! :D:p
if you look at my avatoir its a mosaic from the Jordanian mosaic company was shipped in in 6 pieces it took8 days to fit its 3mts2 got £1600 for fitting it
the mosaic was 9k

O

One Day

We all have our own experiences and opinions of other trades tiling, but tearing strips off someone who came here and asked for advice is crazy. These are opportunities to help teach and pass on skills.
If we want to be all protectionist of our trade then why are we even on a public forum?

And for the record - I've seen WAY worse from time-served professional tilers.

When we teach others - we all learn.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I'm not gonna get involved with the tiling comments. Agree with some disagree with others. However, as a plumber who tiles I will frown upon the isos on the shower pipe work. You've left a big hole around the pipes which you'll have to pump full of silicone before fitting the exposed valve. Personally, you have no excuse for not isolating the water supplies and making these a neater 18mm hole.

Other than that, it's far from the worst I've seen. Snag it with the client, get it done and get paid.

J

Just Rizzle

that's true ive seen worse

but if you read
Two days so far
so m8 have u allways worked on your own.
have u never thought of teaming up with a local tiler.
I teamed up 18 mths ago with a plumber, we have done over 30 bathrooms in the past 18 mths and have 7 booked in over the next 9weeks and were both making more than when we worked separately bri still puts his boilers in when im on my tiling days and im doing other things when hes doing his 1st fix . Mondays and Fridays we work together as mondays we rip out and Fridays is finishing and polishing

O

One Day

I work with a heating engineer who hates bathrooms. His plumbing is first rate and he trained as a joiner too. I like to think my tiling is pretty good and between us for the past 8 years we've knocked out work we're both proud of. we make a good team.

F

Flintstone

that's true ive seen worse

but if you read

so m8 have u allways worked on your own.
have u never thought of teaming up with a local tiler.
I teamed up 18 mths ago with a plumber, we have done over 30 bathrooms in the past 18 mths and have 7 booked in over the next 9weeks and were both making more than when we worked separately bri still puts his boilers in when im on my tiling days and im doing other things when hes doing his 1st fix . Mondays and Fridays we work together as mondays we rip out and Fridays is finishing and polishing

Sounds like a good set up, and is ideal if you can keep a good flow of work, and have a reliable supplier of everything you need. Who was getting the bathrooms jobs in, yourself or the plumber?

J

Just Rizzle

I work with a heating engineer who hates bathrooms. His plumbing is first rate and he trained as a joiner too. I like to think my tiling is pretty good and between us for the past 8 years we've knocked out work we're both proud of. we make a good team.
that sounds like bri my plumber loves his machine bend pipework hates plumbers who work in plastic and tiling did his head in plus if w ehave aproblem we can throw ideas back and forth till we come up with the answer

J

Just Rizzle

Sounds like a good set up, and is ideal if you can keep a good flow of work, and have a reliable supplier of everything you need. Who was getting the bathrooms jobs in, yourself or the plumber?
we both do. were getting mainly from 2 bathroom companies as well as our own from bri.s regular clients who he services his boilers that hes fitted over the years

J

Just Rizzle

I trained my son to do tiling hes now getting trained off brian to be a plumber

O

One Day

Him initially but now it's more 50/50 - all high end stuff and purely on recommendation (which I reckon is the best way)

J

Just Rizzle

dQUOTE="impish, post: 804451, member: 28366"]Him initially but now it's more 50/50 - all high end stuff and purely on recommendation (which I reckon is the best way)[/QUOTE]
us to had to cut and shape a resin quartz sink work top on Friday was 1200 quid could of been expensive if I got it wrong the client loved it we got 3 crates of bud which ime drinking now when we left on Friday and money in the bank sat morning also 2 referalls for his neighbours

Reply to New Ensuite in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks