Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss New Ensuite in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

julian listen, or you talk to me in Italian, or makes me a drawing, because I do not understand what you say ...
You are Arab?
or else I change job, because at this point I have not yet figured out how laying tile

T

Time's Ran Out

Is it me or did this thread morphis into all the other sections in this forum .
Where did the original en suite theme disappear to and why has it not been restricted to the OP's issue.
I'am going to have to restrict my viewing of this thread or I might upset someone!

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
did a bathroom last week 18 m2 walls 2m floor tiled in a day grouted the following tiles 500 x250 10 mm notch trowel back buttered tiles
as I have over 30 yrs experience 20 mtrs a day is easy for me
reading some of the posts on here a lot are averaging 6 to 10 mtrs a day to me thats diy rate
Hi Ray, A few questions about this post, firstly do you have a labourer? secondly does this include any prep? and lastly if no to the first question, do you compromise on the quality of your work for speed as to be honest, I work hard from 8am to 4pm, am an experienced tiler and finish to a high standard and can not see you how you can achieve over 20mtrs a day to any sort of standard. Cheers buddy.

J

Just Rizzle

Hi Ray, A few questions about this post, firstly do you have a labourer? secondly does this include any prep? and lastly if no to the first question, do you compromise on the quality of your work for speed as to be honest, I work hard from 8am to 4pm, am an experienced tiler and finish to a high standard and can not see you how you can achieve over 20mtrs a day to any sort of standard. Cheers buddy.
yes I have a labourer we tend to use a 10mm notch trowel which is 500mm long. for most of or jobs involving tiles 600x300. we also use the lesh fixing system so locks the tiles in place its practically fool proof.
I import the clips from a source in china so cost me approx. 1.85/100 this allows us to get the speed and quality.
today we have ripped out a shower room in a b&b and over boarded with 6 mm hardi backer board replaced tray and tanked out we started at 10.30 when her guest left finished at 7 tonight tomorrow we have 15mts tiling to do again 600 x300job has to be done for Thursday evening as room is booked for the weekend the good thing is the plumber has very little to do as the pottery is going back in the same place it came out from.
I sub to 2 very good bathroom companies and believe me if our work was crap we wouldn't be getting the work we do I don't advertise and work on recommendations mainly.

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
yes I have a labourer we tend to use a 10mm notch trowel which is 500mm long. for most of or jobs involving tiles 600x300. we also use the lesh fixing system so locks the tiles in place its practically fool proof.
I import the clips from a source in china so cost me approx. 1.85/100 this allows us to get the speed and quality.
today we have ripped out a shower room in a b&b and over boarded with 6 mm hardi backer board replaced tray and tanked out we started at 10.30 when her guest left finished at 7 tonight tomorrow we have 15mts tiling to do again 600 x300job has to be done for Thursday evening as room is booked for the weekend the good thing is the plumber has very little to do as the pottery is going back in the same place it came out from.
I sub to 2 very good bathroom companies and believe me if our work was crap we wouldn't be getting the work we do I don't advertise and work on recommendations mainly.
Thanks mate, that is really helpful because with a labourer I do achieve an extra 5-8 Mtrs a day so helps me to compare with what other tilers are achieving. Oh, and i'm sure your work is top notch ;-)

B

Bill

I'm thinking of buying a load directly and I'd be interested to know your source please?? PM if you don't want to share it on here please
just go on the alibaba site - there are hundreds of suppliers - make sure you set up contact with them or you will pay silly charges for shipping.

Reply to New Ensuite in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks