Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss New Ensuite in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

remember the railway hotel in preston back in the late 80s was on my mates stag do he lived in wrey green was absolutely smashed out of my head and the seven stars in wrey green got drunk there regularly my m8 who I drank with he now lives in turton bottoms will be doing a bathroom for him in may if we don't end up pissed as what usually happens when we get together

R

rufus the tiler

so if you trained to be a plumber why haven't you trained to be a tiler.

why do plumbers think its easy tiling. is it because theve seen tillers doing it and think that's easy. youre probably a brilliant plumber but looking at your picks your an average tiler m8 find a good tiler in your area and team up then he will get the niggles not you. you could end up like me and my m8 bri we do high end bathrooms for a couple of bathroom companies and most of the time we start Monday and finish Friday or the latest Saturday .
our customers trust us to do a good job as were experts in our own fields we also do the jobs quicker, so the clients have minimal disruption to there lives. when your ripping some ones house apart they get stressed and want you out A S P and because there stressed they turn and the longer the job takes the more time they have to find fault because as soon as you've gone for the night there examining your work in minutes detail. and as tiling is in my opinion an art. it is on show so is always on show for critisimum. the first thing a person sees when they walk in a bathroom is the tiling not the plumbing .so the tiling is what shows the job to be what it is. not the pipes under the floor.
so if you trained to be a plumber why haven't you trained to be a tiler.

why do plumbers think its easy tiling. is it because theve seen tillers doing it and think that's easy. youre probably a brilliant plumber but looking at your picks your an average tiler m8 find a good tiler in your area and team up then he will get the niggles not you. you could end up like me and my m8 bri we do high end bathrooms for a couple of bathroom companies and most of the time we start Monday and finish Friday or the latest Saturday .
our customers trust us to do a good job as were experts in our own fields we also do the jobs quicker, so the clients have minimal disruption to there lives. when your ripping some ones house apart they get stressed and want you out A S P and because there stressed they turn and the longer the job takes the more time they have to find fault because as soon as you've gone for the night there examining your work in minutes detail. and as tiling is in my opinion an art. it is on show so is always on show for critisimum. the first thing a person sees when they walk in a bathroom is the tiling not the plumbing .so the tiling is what shows the job to be what it is. not the pipes under the floor.

R

rufus the tiler

5 days full high end bathrooms....does this include plastering ,electrical etc....if so this is really impressive as i quote 7-9 days for this .

J

Just Rizzle

2 of us pal
we are 3 me, tiler. bri plumber and chris my son hes a tiler and now an apprentice plumber .
we work as a team and we plan what we want to achieve every day we only leave when that days tasks are completed some times this may involve working a bit late but what we try to achieve is as little disruption as possible for the clients and that's why we aim to do the job in 5 days or 6 if its a bit more difficult. customers are nice to your face but under Neath they hate the upheaval you cause them. don't get me wrong we work hard and some days we never stop. but our speed dosnt compromise our quality all our work is in copper and machine bends if possible hate plastic its a big no no for us . weve been working as a team for 18 mts now and we are getting the recommendations from our previous clients from there friends and family. we have seven projects confirmed with deposits and another number we are quoting on as well as other work so over all looking good.

O

One Day

remember the railway hotel in preston back in the late 80s was on my mates stag do he lived in wrey green was absolutely smashed out of my head and the seven stars in wrey green got drunk there regularly my m8 who I drank with he now lives in turton bottoms will be doing a bathroom for him in may if we don't end up pissed as what usually happens when we get together

I'm sensing a bit of a theme...:beercheers::beermug::beercheers::beermug::beercheers::beermug:;)

R

rufus the tiler

good to hear pal, I used to use copper on everything, but now i only use copper when in veiw ie towel rad stabs and shower stabs...our name is rapidly becoming the name to call in the Hull area and we never lower our prices to compete for quotes which are all quoted for 7=9 days labour...we can sometimes finish in 6ish days depending on spec etc

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Only thing I'd add is get rid of that fugly window beading before you tile reveals. That would also let you pack out a bit to make your cuts a bit bigger around the window.

I

Italy

sorry, I was wondering if the centering of the window, can be fine ..... otherwise I change jobs ... thanks

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reply to New Ensuite in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks