Search the forum,

Discuss New Ensuite in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I'm not gonna get involved with the tiling comments. Agree with some disagree with others. However, as a plumber who tiles I will frown upon the isos on the shower pipe work. You've left a big hole around the pipes which you'll have to pump full of silicone before fitting the exposed valve. Personally, you have no excuse for not isolating the water supplies and making these a neater 18mm hole.

Other than that, it's far from the worst I've seen. Snag it with the client, get it done and get paid.

J

Just Rizzle

that's true ive seen worse

but if you read
Two days so far
so m8 have u allways worked on your own.
have u never thought of teaming up with a local tiler.
I teamed up 18 mths ago with a plumber, we have done over 30 bathrooms in the past 18 mths and have 7 booked in over the next 9weeks and were both making more than when we worked separately bri still puts his boilers in when im on my tiling days and im doing other things when hes doing his 1st fix . Mondays and Fridays we work together as mondays we rip out and Fridays is finishing and polishing

O

One Day

I work with a heating engineer who hates bathrooms. His plumbing is first rate and he trained as a joiner too. I like to think my tiling is pretty good and between us for the past 8 years we've knocked out work we're both proud of. we make a good team.

F

Flintstone

that's true ive seen worse

but if you read

so m8 have u allways worked on your own.
have u never thought of teaming up with a local tiler.
I teamed up 18 mths ago with a plumber, we have done over 30 bathrooms in the past 18 mths and have 7 booked in over the next 9weeks and were both making more than when we worked separately bri still puts his boilers in when im on my tiling days and im doing other things when hes doing his 1st fix . Mondays and Fridays we work together as mondays we rip out and Fridays is finishing and polishing

Sounds like a good set up, and is ideal if you can keep a good flow of work, and have a reliable supplier of everything you need. Who was getting the bathrooms jobs in, yourself or the plumber?

J

Just Rizzle

I work with a heating engineer who hates bathrooms. His plumbing is first rate and he trained as a joiner too. I like to think my tiling is pretty good and between us for the past 8 years we've knocked out work we're both proud of. we make a good team.
that sounds like bri my plumber loves his machine bend pipework hates plumbers who work in plastic and tiling did his head in plus if w ehave aproblem we can throw ideas back and forth till we come up with the answer

J

Just Rizzle

Sounds like a good set up, and is ideal if you can keep a good flow of work, and have a reliable supplier of everything you need. Who was getting the bathrooms jobs in, yourself or the plumber?
we both do. were getting mainly from 2 bathroom companies as well as our own from bri.s regular clients who he services his boilers that hes fitted over the years

J

Just Rizzle

I trained my son to do tiling hes now getting trained off brian to be a plumber

O

One Day

Him initially but now it's more 50/50 - all high end stuff and purely on recommendation (which I reckon is the best way)

J

Just Rizzle

dQUOTE="impish, post: 804451, member: 28366"]Him initially but now it's more 50/50 - all high end stuff and purely on recommendation (which I reckon is the best way)[/QUOTE]
us to had to cut and shape a resin quartz sink work top on Friday was 1200 quid could of been expensive if I got it wrong the client loved it we got 3 crates of bud which ime drinking now when we left on Friday and money in the bank sat morning also 2 referalls for his neighbours

Reply to New Ensuite in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen