Search the forum,

Discuss My biggest tiling job yet in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm not kno
Ajax. I was starting to get disheartened about this job until you came along. I can't really get away from doing this job as the guy is one of my bosses. I feel a bit more comfortable after your comments but what about expansion joints in the tiles. Could I get away with tiling it in four sections and would I need a solid bed of adhesive or maybe use a wall trowel notched to10mm deep. Cheers for your input. In fact thanks to everyone who's commented.
knowlegible on trowel size to comment but I would have thought trowel addys on the floor and back butter the tile. In terms of movement joints you should follow the standards which from memory is max bay length 8m max size 40m2. Are you using uncoupling. When doing car showrooms tilers often do so.

J

Just Rizzle

so you were help responsible for the tile failure then Ray? Yes?
they tried to put it on me. we took a tile up and running throught the screed was a great big crack and the floor had dropped 10 mmto the side of the island .
we solved the issue by marking out were the legs of the units stood taking out the island and core drilling 70mm holes were the legs stood, so releasing the pressures that the island had created then putting the island back on to the areas drilled were we replaced the king span with 120mm concrete blocks. core drilled out we then replaced the cracked tiles and have had no call backs since that was about 12 yrs ago

J

Just Rizzle

take the job on m8 and good luck the best way to get a solid bed is to use a pin leveler.
set the pins at required depth then spread

O

Old Mod

I think what needs to happen here is everyone just take a deep breath!
There's every chance Carl may have to at least look like he's starting tomorrow and he's being bombarded from all side, not only with different opinions but other spurious conversations that have nothing to do with this thread.
Give the guy a break and lets put together a check list, starting at A and finishing at Z

Reply to My biggest tiling job yet in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen