Discuss My biggest tiling job yet in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

take the job on m8 and good luck the best way to get a solid bed is to use a pin leveler.
set the pins at required depth then spread

O

Old Mod

I think what needs to happen here is everyone just take a deep breath!
There's every chance Carl may have to at least look like he's starting tomorrow and he's being bombarded from all side, not only with different opinions but other spurious conversations that have nothing to do with this thread.
Give the guy a break and lets put together a check list, starting at A and finishing at Z

C

Carl Haynes

I think what needs to happen here is everyone just take a deep breath!
There's every chance Carl may have to at least look like he's starting tomorrow and he's being bombarded from all side, not only with different opinions but other spurious conversations that have nothing to do with this thread.
Give the guy a break and lets put together a check list, starting at A and finishing at Z
Thanks 3 fall

C

Carl Haynes

I'm not kno

knowlegible on trowel size to comment but I would have thought trowel addys on the floor and back butter the tile. In terms of movement joints you should follow the standards which from memory is max bay length 8m max size 40m2. Are you using uncoupling. When doing car showrooms tilers often do so.
As I said Ajax this is my first job of this size so I don't know what you mean by uncoupling, please explain. Thanks

O

Old Mod

I've just had to read the whole thread, not been keeping up.
Carl, it's not heated, correct?

F

Flintstone

Uncoupling is a thin layer around 1 or 2mm thick that you stick down with adhesive prior laying the tiles. Usually made up of multiple layers, they allow expansion and contraction of the floor witout affecting the tile it's self. Or if a small crack appeared in the floor, the uncoupling would give you A much better chance of that not cracking a tile

O

Old Mod

The first thing you must do is find out the exact make up of the screed, in other words, sand and cement or gypsum based anhydride.
Two completely different animals.

C

Carl Haynes

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll definitely find out what the flow screed is made up of and also see about getting it moisture tested. Uncoupling sounds like a very good plan too. Probably will make the bays 5m square.

Reply to My biggest tiling job yet in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks