Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss My biggest tiling job yet in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

So you sound like you know what you're talking about tomorrow, basically if it is anhydride stick an antifracture mat/ decoupler down with an anhydride specific adhesive like anhyfix.
It will need a prime coat first.
Stick your decoupler/antifracture mat down and then you can use regular cement based adhesives on top.
If you don't use an antifracture, you'll have to use the anhyfix to stick the floor, but general opinion of most is that using an antifracture affords so many benefits it's worth it, even if it's not a heated screed.
If it's sand and cement, which sounds doubtful, tile in an conventional way, still using expansion joints. Which for a best result should be actually cut into the screed not just in the tiling.
Oh ok some heating, best stick to the 40m2
Well that gives you a good excuse to push for the antifracture/decoupler too.
You can use a cold joint as an expansion (mastic) but not perfect.
That's basic info but should help you thro the first conversations.
So rest is up to you. :)
For now anyway.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just noticed that you are in Navenby Carl, been through there loads of times, was down in Metheringham all weekend just got home

C

Carl Haynes

So you sound like you know what you're talking about tomorrow, basically if it is anhydride stick an antifracture mat/ decoupler down with an anhydride specific adhesive like anhyfix.
It will need a prime coat first.
Stick your decoupler/antifracture mat down and then you can use regular cement based adhesives on top.
If you don't use an antifracture, you'll have to use the anhyfix to stick the floor, but general opinion of most is that using an antifracture affords so many benefits it's worth it, even if it's not a heated screed.
If it's sand and cement, which sounds doubtful, tile in an conventional way, still using expansion joints. Which for a best result should be actually cut into the screed not just in the tiling.
Oh ok some heating, best stick to the 40m2
Well that gives you a good excuse to push for the antifracture/decoupler too.
You can use a cold joint as an expansion (mastic) but not perfect.
That's basic info but should help you thro the first conversations.
So rest is up to you. :)
For now anyway.
3 fall. Thank you so much for your help and advice. Much appreciated. Cheers mate.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha great mince pies, my wife used to go there when she lived down there

O

Old Mod

Well I hope you read this in the morning.
Sorry been a tough weekend.
If it turns out to be anhydride it WILL need sanding. There will be a laitence covering on top which needs to be removed.
Using a 60# carborundum pad and floor polisher. Swept vacuumed and primed.
And the heating system needs to be have commissioned i.e. Put through a complete heating cycle in the correct manor.
Sorry it's an afterthought, but very important nonetheless.
Good luck.

Reply to My biggest tiling job yet in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks