Search the forum,

Discuss Grind down tiles to get rid of lip page? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Amir Patwa

I just phoned New Image and asked them if they could repolish this product as I've yet to come across a company that can surface grind and refinish Man made quartz with resin content back to factory finish.

They said it's highly unlikely they would be able to solve the issue with this floor. Even if they could it would probably be more economical to pull it up and start again.

Plus it's only really viable if the product is 20mm thick to start with, which it probably isn't as most of these tiles are 10mm to 12mm thick.
HAHAHAHA that's a stunner!
half knowledge is DANGEROUS, I thought this forum was for helping out and not slagging!

D

Deleted member 41954

I'd ask him if he knows how to whistle. I wouldn't get involved if I were you,if you do then quite possibly anything else that goes wrong will be your fault whether it's got anything to do with your work or not.
I know very little about tiling yet, which is why I'm here, but that is very good general advice which applies to most areas of the building trade and beyond. If you get involved they'll want you to be responsible. Just my opinion.

A

Amir Patwa

I know very little about tiling yet, which is why I'm here, but that is very good general advice which applies to most areas of the building trade and beyond. If you get involved they'll want you to be responsible. Just my opinion.
When a GP FAILS A CONSULTANT WILL RECTIFY, !

R

Rob Fisher

I lost a large job on price, the client who I've been doing other work for has asked if I can rectify the tiling that's been done as it's quite poor in places and the people who have done it have had 3 goes at putting it right. It's all been done wrong, wrong adhesive, no decoup matting, no expansion gaps and lots of lipping. All he wants is the lipping sorted, they're a Quartz tile, I personally don't want to get involved the way it's been laid as I feel with the underfloor heating they'll eventually pop and crack. But what I have said is I'll ask the question if there's a company that would be able to grind them down and repo lush them as the tiles aren't cheap, he's paid £37k on floor tiles to be laid poorly

R

Russell brown

I'll get some photos tomorrow, the guys having a nightmare. I had to cut holes in the living room ceiling today when the £8k chandelier fell on has head when the fixings failed because there's a leak from the soil pipe. I'll be working here for about 3 months solid with the work he's given me so far

Reply to Grind down tiles to get rid of lip page? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen