Search the forum,

Discuss Advice Please - Is This Tiling Acceptable? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

javeiro

Thanks for the replies everyone. Confirmed my doubts. Much appreciated. Will learn for next time. Thanks again. Great forum.

O

On one

Hi Dan he was recommended by a friend whom he did painting and decorating for.
I've yet to meet a painter or decorator that can tile to a decent standard,but I've seen many that are as good as this one.....not!

J

javeiro

Luck
I've yet to meet a painter or decorator that can tile to a decent standard,but I've seen many that are as good as this one.....not!
Luckily I did not pay for this work, I am a concerned relative. Not good!!

S

StevieBoy

In answer to the question, no this sort of tiling is not acceptable.

Why oh why do people who are painters, plasterers etc, etc keep thinking they can tile like its a an unskilled profession?

Bad setting out, corners not level etc.

If your not happy with the finish, and I know for a fact that if it was mine I certainly wouldn't be - DONT PAY HIM.

Hopefully then the people who are responsible for this shoddy work will get the message.

It's just a shame, as its costly and stressful I'd imagine for the customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

javeiro

In answer to the question, no this sort of tiling is not acceotable.

Why oh why do people who are painters, plasterers etc, etc keep thinking they can tile like its a an unskilled profession?

Bad setting out, corners not level etc.

If your not happy with the finish, and I know for a fact that if it was mine I certainly wouldn't be - DONT PAY HIM.

Hopefully then the people who are responsible for this shoddy work will get the message.

It's just a shame, as its costly and stressful I'd imagine for the customer.
Very true there!!! My dad agreed to have the bathroom done by him as he was recommended by another relative, personally I would have used a dedicated SKILLED tiler, not a painter and decorator. He has just done the floor, Ill put a picture up for you to see. This just keeps getting more hilariously bad !!!! Look at this!!!

IMG_4001.JPG IMG_4003.JPG

J

javeiro

Look at this flooring he's done, I'm lost for words. I am not a professional but what do you guys think.

IMG_3999.JPG IMG_4003.JPG

Reply to Advice Please - Is This Tiling Acceptable? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen