Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Advice Please - Is This Tiling Acceptable? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

javeiro

Currently having a new bathroom installed, and the builder has used subway tiles. I noticed that a few were not even after he put them up, and I though maybe would look better when he grouted. However they still look uneven to me. I would like advice as to weather i am being too fussy. Any advice welcome, thank you. Here are a couple of pics.

IMG_3988.JPG IMG_3987.JPG

I

Ian

Crikey there's a few bad tiling threads showing up, this one is bad! That's a terrible bit of tiling. Welcome to the forum by the way.

J

javeiro

Thank you for the rely, much appreciated. Might be an obvious question but what makes this bad, or is it just everything about it? The other tiles seem straight but this looks poor to me.

T

Tianqiang Situ

few bad tiling threads showing
Currently having a new bathroom installed, and the builder has used subway tiles. I noticed that a few were not even after he put them up, and I though maybe would look better when he grouted. However they still look uneven to me. I would like advice as to weather i am being too fussy. Any advice welcome, thank you. Here are a couple of pics.

View attachment 78433 View attachment 78434
I think your job is even worse than mine, I am sure you are very unhappy now.

C

ChiversTiling

To be honest it's not the best, setting out is wrong and and some of the tiles looks like they have dropped here and there that's why grout lines don't look even in some places, it's all about setting out how it's gonna look when finished, in the corners it should wrapped round like it still a full tile

image.jpg

J

javeiro

To be honest it's not the best, setting out is wrong and and some of the tiles looks like they have dropped here and there that's why grout lines don't look even in some places, it's all about setting out how it's gonna look when finished, in the corners it should wrapped round like it still a full tile

View attachment 78441
Crikey that photo makes mine look appalling ! What should I say to him? Ask him to take it all down ????!!!!

S

stephenoneill

Painter decorator. Walk your dog if u like . All i do is tile. Theirs ur problem multitrader.jack of all trades king of nothing

J

javeiro

He has just told me that the reason some of the tiles are not straight is because the wall is bent ........

Reply to Advice Please - Is This Tiling Acceptable? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks