Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile Straight Onto This? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

J Sid

I would stick Dural Ci + Matting down with Tile Master Adhesive S2 Ultimate, Then S2 Ultimate For the Quartz & Grout in Kerakoll Liquid Grout.
Have no Problem with the floor then!!
Why not use the adhesive recommend by the tile manufacturers?
I don't use Tilemaster, but is S2 Ultimate recommend for fix on waterproofed coated chipboard?

Reaction score
Belt and braces but meant to be 2 part adhesive with quartz/resin and I don't think s2 is recommended with Durabase
Yes No Problem Dural actually spec S2 to stick there matting down, but S1 is fine... And Tilemaster adhy S2 Is the choice for Quartz... absolutely no problem with this especially with underfloor heating

J

J Sid

So that's a yes to waterproofed chipboard is it?
And your happy using a water based adhesive on resin tiles? Against recommendations.

This Tilemaster looks like a miracle product will have to look into it and speak to them, will save a fortune in costs. ;)

Reaction score
So that's a yes to waterproofed chipboard is it?
And your happy using a water based adhesive on resin tiles? Against recommendations.

This Tilemaster looks like a miracle product will have to look into it and speak to them, will save a fortune in costs. ;)
Yes Yes & Yes... Yes speack to Tilemasters.. The S2 Ultimate is fantastic. use it all the time with Dural matting on timber ... its the Future, I have used many products over the 23 years in the Tiling Game ... this one fills me with confidence! great service as well...

H

hmtiling

Do you use s2 on top of durabase? I'm sure that defeats the object of the membrane as it's too deformable

J

J Sid

Good to know Tilemaster as come up with a product the sticks to substrates where other can't and fixes tiles where only none water based adhesive are recommend by the tile manufacturers.

So how do we stand if we fixed say Gulf Stone with Tilemaster S2 ultimate and there is a failure ?

Reaction score
Good to know Tilemaster as come up with a product the sticks to substrates where other can't and fixes tiles where only none water based adhesive are recommend by the tile manufacturers.

So how do we stand if we fixed say Gulf Stone with Tilemaster S2 ultimate and there is a failure ?
Like any other get in touch with Tilemaster & their Technical department, Like I say Ask them, They Spec S2 ultimate for tiling Quartz, composite, Bitumen, Steel/metal, Green screed. Everything, and yes I use S2 on top of Dural Matting. If in any doubt I always ask before a project
Again Great Service from a Family run business, I have had no issues.

J

J Sid

Thanks for that.... but that's your opinion, check the spec's & ask the technical guys...
surely they can't be wrong!
You maybe right, but how will you get on if the tile fails because you have not followed the tile manufacturers recommendations?
Will Tilemaster stand by you?

H

hmtiling

Thanks for that.... but that's your opinion, check the spec's & ask the technical guys...
surely they can't be wrong!
No offence but I'd go with the technical direction of Dural when fixing durabase and the technical direction of a tile manufacturer when fixing their tiles. S2 isn't the miracle answer to everything.

Reaction score
You maybe right, but how will you get on if the tile fails because you have not followed the tile manufacturers recommendations?
Will Tilemaster stand by you?
With Quartz I always ask where they have come from, They need good quality, you can use two -part Flexi Hardi backer, Liquid Grout..etc..but if they are cheap imitations, like I am sure you have seen Then There is still a Risk, Tiles curling at edges etc... Will the internet shop stand by thier tiles??/ No, They will always look for blame in fixing, I only do each job as if it were my own, I do not want comebacks,
I would recommend trying Tilemasters... or at least, get in touch, see for yourself...

Reply to Tile Straight Onto This? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks