Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile Straight Onto This? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

I use BAL PTB - much less water. Or a very rapid setting S1 like Ardex X77S which uses the water up quickly.
It's water that creates the issues.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Expensive tiles to get a failure on. All failure is expensive, rather the customer paid for the correct adhesive than have to pay for a new all for a few pounds more.

M

mickp

Looks like this could be more complicated than I imagined. The tiles I plan to use are these from tile mountain;

Quartz Stone Grey

In the description it says that keraquick adhesive must be used to fix quartz tiles. I was thinking keraflex was just a slower drying version of keraquick and that the s1 version was just a more flexible version of keraflex and would therefore be OK to use. Maybe it needs to be keraquick mixed with latex rather than water. I am guessing tile mountain are recommending this adhesive as it is a brand they stock. I'm not sure who actually manufacturers the tiles so can't find a manufacturer recommendation.

I did find some information on the porcelenosa website regarding adhesive used for their DQS tiles which are similar. The info states 2 part adhesive and also points out that it is the water in conventional adhesives that cause the problem.

I guess I now understand why a slow setting adhesive is not practical.

I'm beginning to think that this job may be better handled by a pro or maybe a re-think on the tile choice.

Glad I posted on here before diving straight in though. Could have gotten myself in a right mess.

Thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:
O

One Day

Why not use what is recommend by the tiles suppliers ?

Because I like living life on the edge :sunglasses:

Or because they over-specify to make sure that risks are minimised. I can minimise my own risks by understanding why a product is specified, and choose accordingly. It's not corner cutting - it's rationalising.

J

J Sid

Because I like living life on the edge :sunglasses:

Or because they over-specify to make sure that risks are minimised. I can minimise my own risks by understanding why a product is specified, and choose accordingly. It's not corner cutting - it's rationalising.
Living dangerously I would say. :(

Reaction score
After two days, I realized just now that tiles are quartz / resin and wooden support .......... sorry. is old
I would stick Dural Ci + Matting down with Tile Master Adhesive S2 Ultimate, Then S2 Ultimate For the Quartz & Grout in Kerakoll Liquid Grout.
Have no Problem with the floor then!!

U

Unused Account 1

You can tile onto it ,but if any problems ,when you lift the tiles ,you have to replace the floor,as it will bring half of the floor with it

H

hmtiling

I would stick Dural Ci + Matting down with Tile Master Adhesive S2 Ultimate, Then S2 Ultimate For the Quartz & Grout in Kerakoll Liquid Grout.
Have no Problem with the floor then!!
Belt and braces but meant to be 2 part adhesive with quartz/resin and I don't think s2 is recommended with Durabase

Reply to Tile Straight Onto This? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks