Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile Straight Onto This? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mickp

Hi Mick
Your quartz sound fine to me, and if they have been tested, that's a bonus, as far as fixing the quartz tiles, I would go along with whoever you employ to do the job, once they have seen them, seen the job etc, ( and probably are on this Fourum site) and are happy to take on the job using what they feel confident, method of tiling etc, products they frequently use...and of course there guarantee.... You will be fine!!
All the best and enjoy your new bathroom

Did a job this year with these tile, Gulf Stone, if the same as you are having, very good tile. They recommended and supplied karaquick. Only problem was, written on the box of these tiles it says ' only fix using latex based adhesive ' (or words to that affect)
So what do you do?
Listen to the shops advice or listen to the tile manufacturers advice?
Me, I follow the advice of the tile manufacturer.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the tiles ;)

I couldn't tell good ones from bad ones to be honest so an ok from the pros inspires a bit of confidence.

Once again thanks to everyone who has offered advice. This really is a great forum. It's great to be able to get advice from professional people rather than just other diyers (although I've had great advice from them over the years too). Definately won't be tackling this one myself but at least I know how it should be getting done when I get someone in.

Cheers

Reaction score
How do you get on with that kerakoll grout? A lot easier than epoxy? Any limitations? Good with stone?
Should I start another thread?;)
I have been using Kerakoll's Liquid grout for about three years now, use it pretty much every other week!
takes a little to get used to, but a lot easier than epoxy, like anything practice makes Perfect, only real limitation, like many other products... needs to be well above 5 degrees... I would ideally say minimum 12 degrees. yes used many times with stone, marble, travertine.. we do get through some sponges with it though!!
I like it and when I show it to my clients, most go for it!!
Like any new product, they keep tweaking the formula

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to Tile Straight Onto This? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks