Discuss Sigma or rubi? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Olz

...up to 600mm porcelain after which it's Sigma ;)

Lol, on a serious note I am actually in the market for a new cutter in the next few weeks, going to give both a try in various models and choose one. Never got on with the pull action before didn't feel right.

O

One Day

Me neither - all my Sigmas are push action.
My first go with a Sigma - I hated it. Just couldn't get the "feel" of the break.
Stick with it though and get the height of the rail set right and you'll be amazed.
Not just impressed - AMAZED! :D

M

mike1979

got both a rubi ts 30,40 and a big sigma the rubi does the job for ceramic anything else its sigma

Reaction score
Great fun watching this video again, but. What's the point? I thought the whole point was not to need to use slither cuts of tiles.

In the Sigma v Rubi debate, it's really about personal preference. Both cutters are professional tools.

D

D man

I reckon D-Man was having a bit of fun ;0)

Deano, Timeless John and Phil Hobson are all rubi users and they are no amatuers. Chancers maybe But not amateurs ;0)

Hahaha I just noticed this thread again I was only having a laugh guys!
On a serious note it's always a personal choice of what tilers are more comfartable with

L

LM

I tried a similar system but the straps seemed to give quite easily when tensioned ,I would like to give these a go to see what they are like
Hi Gary, did you ever get round to trying those, I'd be interested to hear your opinion, cheers

Reaction score
I've always used sigma, in 30 years of tiling I've tried other makes but have always returned to sigma.
it's sturdy, simple make the long measurement guides tile supports and i find it easier to adjust the pressure i have to put on cutting wheel, required for each different tile.

A

AVI656

Is Rubi tiling tools have prolonged delays in Europe as we have here in the USA, we have customers waiting up to one year for tools or parts, atrocious customer service.

W

White Room

Is Rubi tiling tools have prolonged delays in Europe as we have here in the USA, we have customers waiting up to one year for tools or parts, atrocious customer service.

I'd be changing my cutter if I had to wait a year for parts....

S

slythetiler

been away from the forum for a long while, apologies for the late post, i have always been a Rubi fan...until i went to work abroad ans was introduced to Sigma and Brevetti monolit cutters. Couldn't get on with sigma cutters from day one, and to be fair i did give them a good try. The company that i worked for bought me a couple on montolit cutters and i just fell in love with them, so much so, that when i returned to the UK i bought 4 back with me. wouldn't be without them now! Including the plunge cutter!!

Reply to Sigma or rubi? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks