Discuss Sigma or rubi? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LM

In the video it shows a tool for removing the clips, but a simple kick to the side early removes them

L

LM

Gary I've tried a few different systems and like them all they have a breaking point, which on these is quite a lot and once you've got used to them it's easy to know when your at the limit of tension, its the best system that I've came across

S

Spud

In the video it shows a tool for removing the clips, but a simple kick to the side early removes them
I tried a similar system but the straps seemed to give quite easily when tensioned ,I would like to give these a go to see what they are like

L

LM

To help the straps sometimes I lift the lower tile with a bucket trowel till the required height and then clamp the strap, works very well

W

White Room

The only place I know is N&C, ProtilerTools on the net sell them but they have a curved bottom but sell the large clips.... whereas on the there site they show the straps with flat bases.

Protiler told me Genesis now make them with curved bases..find that hard to believe personally as N&C do the flat bases.

L

LM

The only place I know is N&C, ProtilerTools on the net sell them but they have a curved bottom but sell the large clips.... whereas on the there site they show the straps with flat bases.

Protiler told me Genesis now make them with curved bases..find that hard to believe personally.
They do have a curved base, but with large formats you nearly always use at least a 12mm notch and that easily copes with the curve, I've never found it to be a problem

W

White Room

They do have a curved base, but with large formats you nearly always use at least a 12mm notch and that easily copes with the curve, I've never found it to be a problem

If you were using the Porcel thin or any other thinner tile for walls there could be a problem....

I

Italy

I have problems with raimondi on porcel thin
the new model raimondi , which is whiter than the previous one, is more flexible and breaks less

L

LM

Well that would come down to the bed depth of the adhesive imp and if you go too thin with that then I would be concerned about using levelling clips at all, as an all rounder for floors in particular I think this system is very good

Reply to Sigma or rubi? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks