Discuss Sigma or rubi? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

Lopez Dominguez

Thinking of buying a new 1200mm cutter Sigma or Rubi? I already own one of each like them both for different kind of jobs.

W

White Room

I tend to use Sigma nowadays, bought a 1200 beginning of the year and also have another 3...but also in reserve is a Rubi TS40 which I've had for years and suits for smaller ceramic when needed.

L

Lopez Dominguez

I tend to use Sigma nowadays, bought a 1200 beginning of the year and also have another 3...but also in reserve is a Rubi TS40 which I've had for years and suits for smaller ceramic when needed.
Likewise I have a TS40 the best for small small ceramics ;)

D

D man

Always used a sigma seems most tilers in Scotland use them.I have had my 300 sigma for 11 years and it's still working great value for money in my opinion

U

Unused Account 1

Ive aLways used rubi ,starting to think are they overpriced compared to sigma

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its hard cos my tx700 has cut nearly everything to date as as my 1200 sigma , but at a push i like the sigma , its a big tough machine and when its opened up it looks like it could be a galactic battle cruiser of star trek or star wars, and i love me scifi :)

U

Unused Account 1

Haha like it,ive got a rubi ts600 had it ten years ,just need to buy cutters to cut porcelain really ,cheers

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
did try a sigma but just didnt bond with it ..that big lateral bar is just massive..plus not being able to see the scorer is a big no no ...love them tx rubi s though

Q

Qwerty

Rubi tile cutters are for amateurs

Wow! That has to be the most sweeping statement I have ever read on this forum! On what basis are you forming this opinion? I'm never one for entering the rubi vs sigma debate but I'm interested to listen to your views on it.........unless of course you meant to put a smiley or "lol" after your statement in which case I can tell its tongue in cheek humour.

I can tell you are a Rubi user though! Lol :D (see what I did there!) :p

O

One Day

Sigma for me too.
Rubi are good and nice and easy for small tiles up to 50cm.
After that the Sigma design works best.
Simple, strong, effective.
That's why Rubi have basically copied the design now.

Seems to me that Rubi's "Golden days" ended with the demise of "standard" ceramics and the introduction of very large, very hard tiles. And then Sigma's simple tank-like design took over

Reply to Sigma or rubi? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks