Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

well they have levelled out the floor to the floor in the other room which I asked for, I bought the underfloor heating towards the latter stages of the build and only started my research then, so at that point I wasn't aware I'd need insulation boards or slc, and I don't think they have dealt with underfloor heating so they weren't aware how much tolerance to leave either, no the floor height wasn't on the plans.

B

Bill

well they have levelled out the floor to the floor in the other room which I asked for, I bought the underfloor heating towards the latter stages of the build and only started my research then, so at that point I wasn't aware I'd need insulation boards or slc, and I don't think they have dealt with underfloor heating so they weren't aware how much tolerance to leave either, no the floor height wasn't on the plans.
But if you would have a got a pro tiler in, just to look at the job he/she would have told you from the getgo about height tolerances.

M

mp3wizard

yeah in hindsight, the trouble is that I didn't even think about tiling and floor height until the floor was down, doh! maybe somekind of decorate strip can be put on the side so you don't see the layers when your looking from the garden in.

B

Bill

yeah in hindsight, the trouble is that I didn't even think about tiling and floor height until the floor was down, doh! maybe somekind of decorate strip can be put on the side so you don't see the layers when your looking from the garden in.
Get an artist (a pro one) to paint a tile effect 1 metre from the bi-fold doors........

M

mp3wizard

@Tom Astley

imagesVBN77YPF.jpg

F

Flintstone

How far into the room do the bifold doors come when opening and closing? However far they come in your not going to be having any tiles basically.
Such bad planning imo, your obviously spending a lot of money and it's a shame for the finish to be compromised

O

Old Mod

Yes but my question is still unanswered.
At some point in the build, finished floor levels must have been discussed, were they not?
Yes I understand you'd asked them to bring floor levels to the same height, and rightly so.
Was this asked for before the doors went in?
Do you have plans, or they winging it?
I'm actually serious.
Finished floor height must be written somewhere.
Even if it's only the height that they leave it at!
What is the height of the door above the boarded floor? I know I've already asked, couldn't tell from your image. Must have something you can use as a reference.
The point I'm trying to get to is that, if they just fitted the doors as they saw fit, and not to any spec or instruction, they're wrong and should be made to change it.
If I just laid a floor with no regard to floor heights and I was too high or low, I'd be responsible for putting it right, simple as.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen