Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mp3wizard

So I put down some insulation boards earlier, it was keraquick s1 flexible adhesive 20kg mixed with 5.2 litres of water, I certainly learnt a few lessons today, I used a 6mm notched trial, and back buttered all boards, it was all a bit frantic, I believe I have kept about 5mm around the edges free from board but not free from adhesive, does this matter? Although I believe I was fairly consistent with the mix I can see one or 2 slight ridges, this time I was on my own and it was rapid set, for laying tiles I'd have someone with me, I wouldn't be using rapid set and id be using levellers inbetween the tiles, I've only put down 7 boards so far so I am hopeing by the time I've laid them all I'll be a lot better at it.

image.jpg

M

mp3wizard

yep I will have a cleanup, and I've got the screws and washers so will put those on also.

I'm trying to work out how many levelling clips/wedges I will need for this job, I've got 42 800 x 800mm tiles to put down, which works out as 23.3ish square meters,

I'm looking at;
RLS leveling system & Tile Spacers - http://www.kwiksplit.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Raimondi_Tile_Spacers_and_Levelling_System.html

but can't work out how many I need, doesn't help that the chart consumption chart doesn't open for me on my laptop.

I

Italy

yep I will have a cleanup, and I've got the screws and washers so will put those on also.

I'm trying to work out how many levelling clips/wedges I will need for this job, I've got 42 800 x 800mm tiles to put down, which works out as 23.3ish square meters,

I'm looking at;
RLS leveling system & Tile Spacers - http://www.kwiksplit.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Raimondi_Tile_Spacers_and_Levelling_System.html

but can't work out how many I need, doesn't help that the chart consumption chart doesn't open for me on my laptop.
8,7 pz for mq
02_rls_STD_tabella_consumi_OK.jpg

Raimondi s.p.a. professional tile tools Raimondi Levelling System - Raimondi s.p.a. professional tile tools - http://tilelevelingsystem.raimondispa.com/

M

mp3wizard

I think it will take more like 2-3 days for me to lay,

yeh I realise that now, well I've only layed down a row and a half so far of insulation so I will definitely do that for the rest, thanks.

I

Italy

I think it will take more like 2-3 days for me to lay,

yeh I realise that now, well I've only layed down a row and a half so far of insulation so I will definitely do that for the rest, thanks.
then they are quite 100 pieces of wedges

F

Flintstone

The slight un evenness of boards shouldn't matter too much if you do a good job of levelling it.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks