Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

I could do with some advice on tiling the bathroom, I understand that it's best to keep the grout line the same going into the bathroom, as you can see from the photos this will mean a cut and also a small slither next to it, this then will leave me with cuts on every row entering the bathroom which isn't ideal. I was thinking if it would be worthwhile, ignoring the grout line going into the bathroom, cut a tile just covering the entrance, then I can run full sized tiles as you enter the bathroom and majority of next cuts will be hidden underneath bath etc. What do you think? what would you do?

photo.JPG

I

Italy

I could do with some advice on tiling the bathroom, I understand that it's best to keep the grout line the same going into the bathroom, as you can see from the photos this will mean a cut and also a small slither next to it, this then will leave me with cuts on every row entering the bathroom which isn't ideal. I was thinking if it would be worthwhile, ignoring the grout line going into the bathroom, cut a tile just covering the entrance, then I can run full sized tiles as you enter the bathroom and majority of next cuts will be hidden underneath bath etc. What do you think? what would you do?

View attachment 87727
cutting the tiles on the door, keep the line and departure with a whole tile.?

M

mp3wizard

Well there couldn't be a tile placed in doorway as it wouldn't fit and it's a very small bathroom, not even enough for 2 full tiles in width so in this instance I don't believe putting a few tiles in there would benefit unless you were to cut them all out.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen