Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

If you can only work a couple days of the week now, it maybe worth yourwhile to use a grinder and good cutting disc instead of your mechanical cutter. You shouldn't be scoring 15 times to make a cut.
Glad you appreciate the difficulties that you are facing, it'll make for a better end result.
Good luck.

M

mp3wizard

thanks, yeh it's a brand new cutter, seemed like it should of been ok, it was specifically for tiles upto 800mm, the tile is 10mm thick, would you know what cutting disc would be the best to use?

O

Old Mod

ATS Diamond tools do a grinder blade
called Turbo X it's about £12 they're based in Surrey, call Alan this morning, you'll have it tomorrow.
It'll cope with those easily, just takes a steady hand.
Wear dust mask!!

average

TF
Reaction score
No internet where Ive been setting out my room wrong, so i couldn't post.
Right. The amount of times Ive read on here about setting out ,"centre your room" " centre the window" etc etc etc .
So what you all are saying is what mr wizard is proposing is right and look the dogs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: it doesn't , and if you lot think you are right, your not, it's wrong, it's the wrong way to set out and you know it .
You have all said (trusted advises) to centre your room and work from there , all of you have, if it does not work, yes you move to make it work ,if your main point is not centred, then work from that , but usually windows, does etc are centred , so you work from your centre, if you say you don't you are talking balls .
You work from you main point, these being his bifolds , if he doesn't it will look pants, as in the picture .
Tom, you don't just throw them down, and you know it, you are being pendantic ,you would measure your centre and work from there, if it doesn't work, you move it, but you have worked from your centre , and yes I think you deserve a badge as well :thumbsup:
Marc, I'm not wrong , is tiling a floor different from tiling a wall , in most cases when you tile a wall you centre the window wall ( if possible) if you don't it looks pants , its what you all say and what you all still say.
In mr wizards case , if I came on here and put pictures up of that floor set out like that , it would be ridiculed, you know it I know it .
You start at you centre point and work it from there , if it does not work , you move it to work .
Most of my clients ask for my advice as to setting out, only engineers think they know best , well and about 5 or 6 on here :tearsofjoy:

have a good weekend , I'm going out on the **** on my mates head wetting , so I won't be on from now

Setting out from centre isnt as important as people think it is! What i aim for, is to try and never have any slither cuts. If that means not being centre then so be it! Each room is different and theres not a chance in helll that if one sticks to setting out from centre, they wont have slithers. Tiles are all different shapes and sizes as we all well know and tbh, the only ones who know tiles arent centred is tilers. As long as the clients are happy with the final outcome and its safe, then thats all that matters. Its not like its one big competition were all in to see whos the best tiler. As long as the OP and his wife are happy with his effort, thats all that matters here.

Op, please post more pics of where your at now. I know it wont be much but id like to see how your gettingon. Dont worry if youve not did it exactly how these pros do it because thats not what we expect. I hve confidence in you that this will be a decent enough finish.

M

mp3wizard

Hi Average,

Here's where I am at, I started from the third row on the right working my way to the bifolds, then moved along to the wall, on the left are the cuts, and the 4th row that's due to go on the right will be full sized tile.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

M

mp3wizard

no I've just been pushing in by hand, maybe you'd like to supply me some free of charge for demonstrating your system as this thread has almost 9,000 views!

M

mp3wizard

thanks, there's been plenty of obstacles and I'm sure there's much more to come so I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but I believe the amount of effort I've put in to ensure they line up and avoid lips by measuring with level, adjusting, even taking certain tiles up 3 times to adjust the bed of adhesive has resulted in a good finish so far.

yeh it's a thick coverage

I

Italy

no I've just been pushing in by hand, maybe you'd like to supply me some free of charge for demonstrating your system as this thread has almost 9,000 views!
large sizes, it would be useful to use the pliers, otherwise rls, become almost useless.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen