Search the forum,

Discuss What tile adhesive to go for? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

No that should be fine if it's all like that, just make sure to prime it well with atleast two coats of an acrylic or sbr primer.

R

Rhodri

Cheers. When the boards are up do they need to be primed also or just tile adhesive straight on to boards? Thanks

R

Rhodri

Have you dabbed boards on before?

Its not particularly difficult although there is a knack and learning curve to it. Getting the boards flat and plumb is half the battle. I usually do my own boarding before tiling, but had to get over a badly boarded wall recently that i would have usually just ripped off and started again. Not possible in this instance, so had to spend time levelling out with rapid set and going up a notch size. No fun :(

Sorry I only just seen this reply. No I have not done anything like this before. In at the deep end. Fingers crossed

R

Rhodri

My Mrs old man is a plasterer by trade, nowadays more office based. He said if I get a bag of bonding he will bond it and can tile straight on to the bonding. I'm not so sure? Is that a good idea?

Reply to What tile adhesive to go for? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen