Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What tile adhesive to go for? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rhodri

Due due, looks like I have to order this P9 adhesive online, can't source it local anywhere!

R

Rookery

There's lots of alternatives but I'd get it from CTD Cardiff. It's not expensive. Tile Giant have it too or there's other slow set powders by other manufacturers such as BAL.

R

Rookery

Ring them up,
Ask if its in stock
Ask how much is it
say "how much" in a loud voice
See what they'll do it for.
Should be under £18
Never take an on line price for something like this

R

Rhodri

Nothing they can do. Seems there may have been if had a trade account with them. What about Weber Set Plus from CTD?

R

Rookery

Yes that'll do. Same CTD as Mapei so same trade account issue? Probably same price too.

R

Rhodri

The Weber can get for £23.52 each and need 2 at CTD.

Adesilex at Tile Giant is £35 and need 2 also...

R

Rhodri

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rookery

Mapeker is OK for porcelain but the Unibond I don't know. Both of these seem to be rapid set so if you're not an experienced tiler, it doesn't matter how cheap they are, you're going to throw half of it away as it'll be going off too fast for you. I'd still stick with the Adesilex P9.

R

Rhodri

Yes was worried about the speed. I was thinking is make up smaller batches instead mixing the lot up?

I've bought the Adesilex now in any case. Bought online for 15 quid a bag plus a tenna postage. Just won't be done as quick as the Mrs would like but hey ho!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rhodri

Well I'm pulling it off. Window wall I could basically pull off with my hands so very lucky didn't tile straight over that!

Plaster seems to be coming off easier than it Should, especially in window recess

20171209_113141.jpg 20171209_113617.jpg 20171209_114346.jpg 20171209_115519.jpg 20171209_115516.jpg

Reply to What tile adhesive to go for? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks