Search the forum,

Discuss What tile adhesive to go for? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rhodri

Nothing they can do. Seems there may have been if had a trade account with them. What about Weber Set Plus from CTD?

R

Rookery

Yes that'll do. Same CTD as Mapei so same trade account issue? Probably same price too.

R

Rhodri

The Weber can get for £23.52 each and need 2 at CTD.

Adesilex at Tile Giant is £35 and need 2 also...

R

Rhodri

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rookery

Mapeker is OK for porcelain but the Unibond I don't know. Both of these seem to be rapid set so if you're not an experienced tiler, it doesn't matter how cheap they are, you're going to throw half of it away as it'll be going off too fast for you. I'd still stick with the Adesilex P9.

R

Rhodri

Yes was worried about the speed. I was thinking is make up smaller batches instead mixing the lot up?

I've bought the Adesilex now in any case. Bought online for 15 quid a bag plus a tenna postage. Just won't be done as quick as the Mrs would like but hey ho!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rhodri

Well I'm pulling it off. Window wall I could basically pull off with my hands so very lucky didn't tile straight over that!

Plaster seems to be coming off easier than it Should, especially in window recess

20171209_113141.jpg 20171209_113617.jpg 20171209_114346.jpg 20171209_115519.jpg 20171209_115516.jpg

Reply to What tile adhesive to go for? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen