Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling in hot weather in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Had a conversation with an adhesive company years ago about tiling in Barbados, their solution was to store the adhesive and the water in a walk in fridge thereby slowing the chemical reaction and making it easier to work with! How much longer are you out there @Ozzy?

O

Ozzy

Had a conversation with an adhesive company years ago about tiling in Barbados, their solution was to store the adhesive and the water in a walk in fridge thereby slowing the chemical reaction and making it easier to work with! How much longer are you out there @Ozzy?

Less than 4 weeks. Back in October to do the floors (wasn't happy about doing the floors last but had no choice).
41 degrees today but was ok. I think I had a bug last week so really struggled.

llevram

TF
Reaction score
I lived in Western Australia for a few years and was tiling there sometimes in 40 plus, the only way to over come this is either go home or knock up small amounts of adhesive at a time otherwise the adhesive skins then becomes useless. It's very tedious but I found it was literally the only way I could work on those mega hot days

Reaction score
Less than 4 weeks. Back in October to do the floors (wasn't happy about doing the floors last but had no choice).
41 degrees today but was ok. I think I had a bug last week so really struggled.

What date I have a customer needs a job second week of June!

Reaction score
Its a Marlborough customer. I have your cards in the shop but knowing you are away haven't been handing them out! May be too late but I can chat to her tomorrow as I think the will struggle with finding one for the 5th when they are thinking.

O

Ozzy

I lived in Western Australia for a few years and was tiling there sometimes in 40 plus, the only way to over come this is either go home or knock up small amounts of adhesive at a time otherwise the adhesive skins then becomes useless. It's very tedious but I found it was literally the only way I could work on those mega hot days

Yeah it's so slow going. Another day off today as the generator is leaking.

O

Ozzy

Its a Marlborough customer. I have your cards in the shop but knowing you are away haven't been handing them out! May be too late but I can chat to her tomorrow as I think the will struggle with finding one for the 5th when they are thinking.

Oh hi Laura. That's a shame I'm not back in time! I have nothing lined up when I get back so that'd be great if you could start handing out my cards, I'd really appreciate it

T

Time's Ran Out

IMG_0362.JPG
I'm not too bad with the heat as long as there's a breeze. I take my tshirt off and plop it in the bucket of water then put it back on, also poor water over my head.

I'm more worried about curing.

Pictures would help!
Did a conservatory a few years ago and had to stop when it wet over 104 f.
Customer complained we weren't on site!
Tosser.

O

One Day

I was stuck in a dark steam shower fixing mosaics with epoxy all day.
But is was lovely and cool all day.
40mm Wedi board all around and in the room outside too!

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Thats quite a temperature to be fixing tile in. Our guys here are fixing in 33C so i know how tough it is. Where are you working ?

Reply to Tiling in hot weather in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks