Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling in hot weather in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Ozzy

Ok, I'd just read somewhere that if the adhesive cures too quickly the tiles can come loose, I really don't want heavy tiles popping off the wall.

I take it I should stop worrying! :D

S

stephenoneill

Use a flexible adhesive for outdoor use and your good to go . obviously depending on the substrate

Reaction score
Had a conversation with an adhesive company years ago about tiling in Barbados, their solution was to store the adhesive and the water in a walk in fridge thereby slowing the chemical reaction and making it easier to work with! How much longer are you out there @Ozzy?

O

Ozzy

Had a conversation with an adhesive company years ago about tiling in Barbados, their solution was to store the adhesive and the water in a walk in fridge thereby slowing the chemical reaction and making it easier to work with! How much longer are you out there @Ozzy?

Less than 4 weeks. Back in October to do the floors (wasn't happy about doing the floors last but had no choice).
41 degrees today but was ok. I think I had a bug last week so really struggled.

llevram

TF
Reaction score
I lived in Western Australia for a few years and was tiling there sometimes in 40 plus, the only way to over come this is either go home or knock up small amounts of adhesive at a time otherwise the adhesive skins then becomes useless. It's very tedious but I found it was literally the only way I could work on those mega hot days

Reply to Tiling in hot weather in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen