Discuss Tiling in hot weather in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Ozzy

Ok, it's getting hot now, by the end of the week it will be 40+ almost constantly. I'm not happy fixing tile in this heat, but my customer is adamant that the tilers fix all year round here and have no problem. Of course I'm not in direct sunlight but there are no windows or doors in the house so it's probably only a couple of degrees cooler. The walls are really warm though and I've tried to explain about curing in this heat.

Have any of you worked in 40+ degrees? If so, how the hell do you do it??? ;)

O

Old Mod

Have any of you worked in 40+ degrees? If so, how the hell do you do it??? ;)

Yep, in Algeria.
Slowly, is the answer, till you acclimatise.
You should also consume AT LEAST 10lt of water a day. Mind you, we went thro closer to 20lt.

O

Ozzy

I've been here since March so it's slowly got hotter. What adhesive do you use? I can't find any that can be used above 40 degrees!

S

stephenoneill

Working outside in Toulouse France .where it can hit 40 .built a tent over the 60 meter patio to block the sun.its not nice .you'll suffer.we Brits Irish are not made for the heat.but u got to soldier on

O

Old Mod

Tbh Ozzy I truly can't remember, but I do know it would of been From here, so to speak.
The tiles were Pilks, well some anyway.
Rest was marble.

O

Ozzy

I'm not too bad with the heat as long as there's a breeze. I take my tshirt off and plop it in the bucket of water then put it back on, also poor water over my head.

I'm more worried about curing.

O

Ozzy

I've primed the walls and I moisten the tiles if needed.
What about curing too quickly? Most of the tiles are large porcelain.

O

Ozzy

Ok, I'd just read somewhere that if the adhesive cures too quickly the tiles can come loose, I really don't want heavy tiles popping off the wall.

I take it I should stop worrying! :D

S

stephenoneill

Use a flexible adhesive for outdoor use and your good to go . obviously depending on the substrate

Reply to Tiling in hot weather in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks