Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Retro fit ufh & Hydrogen gas causes floor failure. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Mark Frost

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've never come across one of these ufh systems.. should you slc over the pipes first like we would normally?

O

Old Mod

Ok for those who really want to get their geek on,
@impish @LEE MAC :)

Here's some technical explanations of the effect of aluminium coming into contact with Portland cement.
These extracts are taken from an American site, where this information was also posted.

IMG_0280.jpg IMG_0281.jpg IMG_0282.jpg

If any budding chemists on here want to have a go at enlightening the rest of us, it'd be appreciated. :)

O

Old Mod

On that stuff two coasts of Multi Surface Primer (treat the aluminium as a tile surface) would be appropriate?
I'm not going to generalise Mark as this is such a delicate system when all said and done, so check with the manufacturer that it meets the requirements.
Not all primers are suitable.

O

Old Mod

In the main Andy there's a fairly standard way of dealing with them now, it's taken a while, but most agree now.
Manufacturers and adhesive companies.
And I say that with trepidation tbh, cos the goal posts get moved a lot.

Reply to Retro fit ufh & Hydrogen gas causes floor failure. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks