Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Retro fit ufh & Hydrogen gas causes floor failure. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

J Sid

excellent and informative thread marc, as always you and Gary teaming up to great archive great results :)

O

Old Mod

didn't take long for a reaction to happen
No mate, it's an instant reaction.
I missed an opportunity today to get an image of the contaminated aluminium, kicking myself.
The only piece we saw that was free of adhesive was highly corroded, I got distracted and gary covered it with adhesive, both busy trying to get all the replacement tiles down today, which we did.
For want of a better description, it was like peppered spawling.

B

Bill

Are you saying this is the tiler's fault?

Do you have all the spec sheets, dated of course, to facilitate which adhesive to use? (primers too)

O

Old Mod

Do you seriously think we'd point the finger without first checking every avenue?
Tom you disappoint!

B

Bill

Do you seriously think we'd point the finger without first checking every avenue?
Tom you disappoint!
Not really, I am only asking questions.

As I have said, I have never laid on the foil faced boards but I do know what clients and manufacturers/builders/shops are like for pushing the job on or materials to be used etc without doing their own due diligence on the subject.

I, for one, am glad you have brought this to the attention of the tilers.

O

Old Mod

Not really, I am only asking questions.

As I have said, I have never laid on the foil faced boards but I do know what clients and manufacturers/builders/shops are like for pushing the job on or materials to be used etc without doing their own due diligence on the subject.

I, for one, am glad you have brought this to the attention of the tilers.

Maybe if you had explained your thinking in the first place I wouldn't have been so incensed at your question Tom.
Fair enough.
Believe me, we have researched this to death, left no stone unturned.
We have spoken with every tech department concerned, there is only one conclusion, it's an install error unfortunately.

Reply to Retro fit ufh & Hydrogen gas causes floor failure. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks