Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Retro fit ufh & Hydrogen gas causes floor failure. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The calcium hydroxide aluminium reaction is fairly basic chemistry. The same thing happens when you put calcium sulphate direct to aluminium. Priming has generally proven to be ineffective in preventing the reaction so the best thing js to avoid it altogether by either not using aluminium or putting a slip membrane down first.

O

Old Mod

The calcium hydroxide aluminium reaction is fairly basic chemistry. The same thing happens when you put calcium sulphate direct to aluminium. .

So using an anhydride screed over aluminium would result in the same reaction Alan yeah?

So would that translate in to any anhydride suitable products like Anhyfix adhesive, or Anhylevel have the same reaction? Just trying to clarify.

Priming has generally proven to be ineffective in preventing the reaction

I know you know you're correct, but we can definitely confirm that, through our research we found that a lot of priming methods were ineffective.

Any further info would be helpful Alan, thanks.

D

Dumbo

Typical companies releasing products onto market without proper research or testing just to make money and leaving end user to clear up the mess .

O

Old Mod

Typical companies releasing products onto market without proper research or testing just to make money and leaving end user to clear up the mess .
That not strictly true in this case tho.
They give clear instructions on how it should be dealt with.
You just have to read them and not make up your own interpretation.

S

Spud

So using an anhydride screed over aluminium would result in the same reaction Alan yeah?

So would that translate in to any anhydride suitable products like Anhyfix adhesive, or Anhylevel have the same reaction? Just trying to clarify.

I know you know you're correct, but we can definitely confirm that, through our research we found that a lot of priming methods were ineffective.

Any further info would be helpful Alan, thanks.
I read some articles which stated the only primer or barrier to the reaction was bitumous based,even silicone barriers didnt stop the reaction taking place , pretty pointless priming with bitumen if you are using ufh, thanks for your help Alan that cleared a couple of questions up Marc and I were considering ?

D

Dumbo

So cold an adhesive like ba
That not strictly true in this case tho.
They give clear instructions on how it should be dealt with.
You just have to read them and not make up your own interpretation.
But according to ajax it would fail even if primed or do the products they recommend not contain cement or andhydrate

I

Italy

How many problems do you have ..
Do, as I did,
place, a concrete panel 6mm. (Without adhesive).
Tape on junctions.
And use epoxy adhesive.
that's no good?

O

Old Mod

So we're working through all your questions one by one whist trying to research at the same time. Bear with us guys.

Reply to Retro fit ufh & Hydrogen gas causes floor failure. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks