Currently reading:
Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

Search the forum,

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

went to look at floor for customer to day and he asked me to look at tile that fell 0f wall, full bathroom on top of bonding, floor was also dot and dabbed on 6 or 4 mm ply ring shanked.
he said half way through job builder had to go to hospital as one of the tiles hit him in head , 600 x 300 porcelain , its been up for three years. no idea how its not all fell apart

Q

Qwerty

Redoing a wet room at the moment which had failed. Looked pretty good from the outside but all became clear when I started the rip out!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

bigdave1903

TF
Arms
Aberdeen
S

Spare Tool

You have to feel for the client here!
Absolutely, surely joinery is a finishing trade on par with tiling, this is a brand new kitchen ok probably Howdens or the like but I couldn't for shame leave that n sleep well :(
Do your best and caulk the rest:tearsofjoy:
I ain't getting involved in no caulking, I'll deal with my bit, joiner n decorator can fight over that bit ;)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
"Like" is the wrong choice but that's quite a job they've done there!

The shower tray was sat only on that many blobs of mortar. £9k was charged for this bathroom, floor is d&d'd as well, There's a broken tile 'L' shape around soil stack boxing in on floor and the guy who did it said, "if I replace it, it will only break again as it's a weak point"

R

Rickm34

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.