Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dave l and l

went to look at floor for customer to day and he asked me to look at tile that fell 0f wall, full bathroom on top of bonding, floor was also dot and dabbed on 6 or 4 mm ply ring shanked.
he said half way through job builder had to go to hospital as one of the tiles hit him in head , 600 x 300 porcelain , its been up for three years. no idea how its not all fell apart

D

dave l and l

i know the builder that done this job. i also lifted one of his floor recently . all dot a dabbed on 6 mm , he has no teeth left

Q

Qwerty

Redoing a wet room at the moment which had failed. Looked pretty good from the outside but all became clear when I started the rip out!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

T

Tile Shop

Is it really this difficult to clean grout off? Yeah the tiles are textured, but......... Really???

IMG_6985.JPG IMG_6986.JPG IMG_6987.JPG

T

Tile Shop

Oh god. What a bloody shame! builder paying out?
Haven't heard for a while. She was taking him to court last time I heard cuz she'd spent her last few pennies on getting this done.

Just going through my collection of pictures. Some may have already been posted before, but some are also worth a second laugh :)

T

Tile Shop

Problem..... Moisture ingress and shading on BCT tiles. Multiple causes including not the greatest quality, tubbed adhesive (on a 500x250 tile) and dot'n'dab (can see from the patches)

4.jpg

T

Tile Shop

Crackle Dados are not to be used as Skirtings. Especially when up against a truly floating floor. This floor is going to be used as a trampoline in the Rio Olympics.

Oh, and there's a pube!

1.jpg 5.jpg

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks