Search the forum,

Discuss over tiling , glazed porcelain onto ceramic tiles ........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paulyoung666

............ , so hopefully the title made sense , i get the part about not overlapping joints and scoring the tiles , what i am struggling with is what to use to stick them on with , do i need to prime etc etc etc , the tiles are mosaic about 40 mm square on a 300 mm sheet , i am only tiling about 500 mm high between wall cabinets and worktops , the tiles i want to tile over are very well laid , solidly fixed etc which i hope is going to give me a good starting point , just need to know what gear to use , last point , i want to use a silver grout if possible , not real sparkly silver , just not quite grey if that makes sense :)

W

White Room

Personally I would want to remove the existing tiles, mosaics need a perfectly flat surface.

The adhesive to use would be a high grab powder addy, even a 2 part.

The mosaics will be floating about because there's no suction from either surface.

No priming and Mapei silver grey grout

P

paulyoung666

Personally I would want to remove the existing tiles, mosaics need a perfectly flat surface.

The adhesive to use would be a high grab powder addy, even a 2 part.

The mosaics will be floating about because there's no suction from either surface.

No priming and Mapei silver grey grout

i can take the tiles off , i was just trying to save myself some work , if it is false economy then i am happy to remove :)

D

DHTiling

Paul.. if you have the opton to remove then that is the best option..

If not then sugar soap the tiles to degrease and leave to dry...Use an adhesive like Mapei keraquick....

P

paulyoung666

What area are you in, maybe we can recommend a plasterer if needed.and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

funnily enough , i am in norton , just off norton road , towards norton village from the brown jug , small world :lol:

Reply to over tiling , glazed porcelain onto ceramic tiles ........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I bought some tiles for my bathroom wall, including a shower over bath area The shop...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
HELP! I'm really hoping someone might be able to give me some advice..... our cleaner just used...
Replies
Views
Old gas fireplace insert getting tiled. Hoping to get an electric stove in there, but tight on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen