Search the forum,

Discuss New kitchen tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ok....so I have spent the last few weeks returning the kitchen... Right back to brick, battens, insulation, plasterboard, new floor with underfloor heating etc etc.... I am now at the stage where I need to think tiles between the wall and floor units and behind the cooker.

Here is a pic of what it looks like.

I cannot seem to decide what tiles to go for other than I don't want natural stone.

.any suggestions will be most welcome.
5e5e2u8e.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If there's plenty of light coming into the kitchen then I would be tempted to go for a black gloss to pick out door handles and cooker, something along this style. I would be tempted to go for a flat tile 20 or 30 x 10cm, would be a good size, rather than metro style.

liso-brillo-black.jpg

What floor tiles are you putting down Alan?

D

DHTiling

The trend at present is no tiles on kitchen walls.

They mainly have just an upstand matching the work surface but it is also personal choice.

Reaction score
If there's plenty of light coming into the kitchen then I would be tempted to go for a black gloss to pick out door handles and cooker, something along this style. I would be tempted to go for a flat tile 20 or 30 x 10cm, would be a good size, rather than metro style.

View attachment 54094

What floor tiles are you putting down Alan?

Ha ha.......these are my tiles!! (I did this tiling in my brothers house!!)

Do you need some tiles big Al???

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ha ha.......these are my tiles!! (I did this tiling in my brothers house!!)

Do you need some tiles big Al???

I just googled flat black tiles and when I hovered over pic it came up with TileTown so I thought why not :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The trend at present is no tiles on kitchen walls.

They mainly have just an upstand matching the work surface but it is also personal choice.

Yes I've noticed that. Maybe it's a cost thing... Not sure but I really want tiles ... Tried melamine splash backs and bare walls with emulsion and never really found them very successful... As you say personal choice.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This looks quite nice?
Oooh yes I like that... What tiles are they. Are they available in a cream colour to match my unit doors....or maybe a beige colour to compliment the floor and the worktops...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
crackle is very nice and would go well in there all 4 colours remember to seal them

Now you've gone a spoilt it... Seal them indeed.. ;) .. I think I want glazed ceramics really.

Reply to New kitchen tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have ordered the Wunda Rapid Response underfloor heating for my kitchen. We were going...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen