Discuss Floorboard needs changing in bathroom . Wet/rotten in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the floor tiles, one of the floorboards on side of the bath was wet through and almost rotten over years of this issue.

So I feel the water has been seeping through that due to splashes over the bath.

Firstly is this a common issue ?

Secondly where will be the best place to buy a small floorboard? which type will be waterproof.

Bathroom is tiny. I'd say about 2.5 to 3meters long.

For putting new floor tiles on the side. What do you reckon is best to fill the gaps between tiles to ensure their waterproof.?

Thanks

Tiberiu

TF
Reaction score
I'm afraid this is a complete redo. You can board new with plywood and overboard with 6 mm Hardie boards. Make sure you seal all the vertical and horizontal using good sanitary silicone

Reaction score
I'm afraid this is a complete redo. You can board new with plywood and overboard with 6 mm Hardie boards. Make sure you seal all the vertical and horizontal using good sanitary silicone

Why do you say this a complete redo?

So if I put the the plywood under, you recommend to gave hardie board over it? ... can i put same tiles over it instead if I buy new same ones ? The ones I'll be taking off

Kastar UK

Arms
Reaction score
Who is throwing water over the bath edge ? Must be a lot of water to go through the ceiling , maybe dont fill it so full
Guessing more likely to have a leak under it

Reaction score
Who is throwing water over the bath edge ? Must be a lot of water to go through the ceiling , maybe dont fill it so full
Guessing more likely to have a leak under it

It only happens when someone has shower in the bathroom. Can't see any visible leaks.

Reply to Floorboard needs changing in bathroom . Wet/rotten in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks