Search the forum,

Discuss New kitchen tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The trend at present is no tiles on kitchen walls.

They mainly have just an upstand matching the work surface but it is also personal choice.

Yes I've noticed that. Maybe it's a cost thing... Not sure but I really want tiles ... Tried melamine splash backs and bare walls with emulsion and never really found them very successful... As you say personal choice.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This looks quite nice?
Oooh yes I like that... What tiles are they. Are they available in a cream colour to match my unit doors....or maybe a beige colour to compliment the floor and the worktops...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
crackle is very nice and would go well in there all 4 colours remember to seal them

Now you've gone a spoilt it... Seal them indeed.. ;) .. I think I want glazed ceramics really.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Alan, if you are to tile it , then it has to be 20mm mosaics on diamond set. :)

I did think about mosaics but thought they are difficult to get flat... I know the technical side but not so good on the practical side of tiling...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bumpy whites maybee.......................:sofahide:

dont joke... My mrs did suggest bumpy whites and bumpy greens.... Argh! :) could always go for 6inch square public toilet whites...

Reaction score
I don't usually like metro's, done plenty of the usual white, red, black - but I'm doing a cream one at the moment & I think they look really nice and different for some reason, . Or the purple/plumb ones I did in our own kitchen (similar units & worktops), here's a link 'cos my photo won't upload (as usual)
MINI BEVELLED GRANATE BRILLO

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378536589.654661.jpg
Put these in a kitchen the other month Alan, they were actually left over from a floor in the bathroom downstairs,so the bloke put them in the kitchen.
I've also put the B&Q 600 x 600s on a few kitchen walls,a cheap way to tile a kitchen but v effective IMO.
Sorry about the 2nd pic, it's my kitchen,I've just taken it :) i tiled it about 5 years ago though in the blackish 600x600s
yqetadu8.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to New kitchen tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen