Search the forum,

Discuss Grind down tiles to get rid of lip page? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Amir Patwa

A good tiler will listen to those in the trade who do work and not selling wares! And discourage those in the know how to spread knowledge!
My two pence worth of advice

A

Amir Patwa

LOL Amir just phoned me posing as a buyer of diamond pads for Klindex machines.

You are an odd chap Amir. Don't get upset when the people you recommend even say they wouldn't recommend this is attempted.
Ask for Isabella and Manuel the owner who told you that they do not carry out work for 3 rd party. You gave them the impression that you had 300 m2 for quartz tile to grind and polish! Wish you happiness

C

Concrete guy

You can't grind and re polish 10mm thick quartz tiles. I don't care who you are, and on that point New Image agree.

They didn't tell me they don't do work for a third party, they recommended that due to the nature of the product, the customer would be better off pulling it up and starting again, as even if they could grind and polish it it was unlikely they would be able to replicate the manufacturer finish. I agree with them, so does Marble Shine and so do any other professional floor re finishers that we deal with.

The OP stated there was £37,000 worth of quartz flooring to rectify. At £100 sq/m it's not unreasonable to arrive at 300+ sq/m.

R

Russell brown

Here's a few pictures of it, not the best sorry I'll have to get some more
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reply to Grind down tiles to get rid of lip page? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen